V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next week I'm picking up a 96 Softail Custom with 96ci motor, Patrick Johnson Billet heads, night crawler cam?, S&S carb., Thunder header and all the ignition goodies. I know if I had the cam specs. would help but anyone know about what kind of hp & tq this set up should have.
Also the bike has Billet PM brakes, Billet Revtech wheels & pulley, Corbin seat & detachable windshield. 16,000 miles for 13,000.00. Is this a good buy?
Thanks
Drifter

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
The cam is most likely a Wood, Night Prowler. so long as this scooter hasn't had the livin' snot ran out of it the price sounds very fair what with all the mods. There is several thousand invested in engine mods alone. My estimate is $5000 or so. Just a side note, this is a prime example of the fact that accessories mean nothing at time of resale. The cam specs may very be found on the Wood website. Are you sure the heads aren't Patrick Racing by Nigel Patrick? Low miles for a '96!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thinks for the reply, your right about the heads and I bet your right about the cam also. I think the TC88 is killing the resale of the EVO.
Thinks again
Drifter

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
You're welcome!

That bike may be pretty desirable since the Deuce took the place of the Softail Custom. '99 was the last year for the Custom. There's nothing wrong with the Evo. The exotic hi-po parts on and in this mill are pretty trick stuff, ie the billet heads, brakes and wheels, Thunderheader and Wood cam. A Wood modified CV carb would most likely work better than the S&S and compliment the cam. S&S are great at the drags but a little finicky to tune for the street.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sorry, the heads are Allen Johnson. Anyone know anything about these heads, pros or cons?
Thanks
Drifter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts