V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where this belongs but had to tell somebody somewhere....
Signed the papers on a 2002 Fat Boy this morning. Vivid Black, Injected, Alarm. Adding V & H Pro Pipe HS 2:1 and of course air cleaner kit/re-program before it leaves the dealer. Will bring home as soon as weather breaks here.

Lot of talk on here about prices and inventories. Local dealer has about 8 Fat Boys and at least for now is doing MSRP with 2 year warranty, storage 'til spring and 10% off parts for a year. I think both the MSRP and extended warranty are sort of a winter deal that will go away as spring gets here.

Will probably be reading the parts/accessories cover to cover tonight...maybe twice.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Congrats! I got my '02 FXD two days before Christmas and I've looked through that P&A catalog so many times the pages are falling out. Now that you've got the bike the real fun begins - crack open your wallet!

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Congrats, logical!

Why not share the joy of your new bike? Everyone here can appreciate what you are feeling. Now, how many days till you can ride that thing???

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Hey logical, you came to the right place to share your excitement,,,,,I get as excited for someone else who gets a new Harley as I do myself,,,well almost. Congrats on the bike. Keep us posted about it please.

I took a friend, who's going to Daytona with me, on a little ride today. We ended up stoping at a Harley shop. He's doesn't have the financial part of the new fatboy purchase yet until he sells an old rent house, but just seeing him looking and sitting on the new bikes was like watching a kid in a candy store. I know how excited he is going to be when the day comes to ride one out of the dealership.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies...any advice on how to tell my wife?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Easy. Let the ProPipe do the talking. Sneak up and aim the ass end to the window of whatever room she may be in and let her rip. LOGICAL. LOL

·
Registered
684 Posts
It's a great feeling having a new bike! Here's a tip for you when do get the bike home and get to ride . . . chew gum. Yeah, gum. It'll keep the silly grin off your face while you're riding. :D It also helps with the bugs if you don't have a windshield!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Grats on the new ride, Bro. We'll weep for you when the papers read of your demise when the wife gets wind of it. ;p

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My wife will be fine, she knew I was seriously looking. Besides, we have "our" money, "her" money, and "my" money and the bike is coming from "my" money. My goal is to somehow get the insurance to come out of "our" money. And clearly a sissy bar should come out of "her" money right...it doesn't do me any good. And she would want me to have a good helmet right....so a new lid should come from "our" money.

·
Registered
111 Posts
logical said:
My wife will be fine, she knew I was seriously looking. Besides, we have "our" money, "her" money, and "my" money and the bike is coming from "my" money. My goal is to somehow get the insurance to come out of "our" money. And clearly a sissy bar should come out of "her" money right...it doesn't do me any good. And she would want me to have a good helmet right....so a new lid should come from "our" money.
I went shopping last october with a friend for his new bike and ended up buying one on sight. Problem was I had to call my wife to bring my helmut and leathers to the dealership so I could ride it home. Once she saw that it had a place for her to sit she was fine.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Congrats to logical.

logical,

Congrats on the scooter. The way I let my wife know that I had bought a H.D. was to show it to her when she come home from the hospital with our 2nd child. It was o.k after a while. I caught our daughter before she hit the floor. New borns can be slippery at times.

Ride Safe.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
It arrived

HD called me yesterday stating my bike arrived. Couldn't get there fast enough. I wrote the $20,000.00 check and they will begin building today. The bike arrived in a big wooden crate with the following painted, "YOUR HOG HAS ARRIVED". It was uncrated and i was allowed to take some pictures. Should have the 2002 RK classic in 10 days after all the
add-ons.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Re: It arrived

flycasterjoe said:
HD called me
<snip>
The bike arrived in a big wooden crate with the following painted, "YOUR HOG HAS ARRIVED". It was uncrated and i was allowed to take some pictures. Should have the 2002 RK classic in 10 days after all the
add-ons.
Exciting, don't you think!!! Kinda like being there when the baby is delivered. :D Pretty cool.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
logical,

congrats on your new FatBoy!

I just placed my order last Sunday for a '02 FatBoy - white pearl, injected , alarm.

I'm paying msrp, I plan on declining the extended warranty on the premise that is its gonna break, it'll happen in the first year/few thousand miles.

I'm gonna use the extra cash to get my wife something nice :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Congrats logical!

Don't sweat it with the wife. As soon as she gets her legs
around that baby, she'll beg for a ride!

If not, what the hell, go solo!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts