V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gave up on the road king last week...$6k in motor work and still not happy...bought 08 fxdse...less weight and bigger motor has to be quicker, right...it's in the shop now...se257 cams, supertrapp 2 into 1, power commander, se air cleaner, and the kicker: r&r stage 4 heads @87cc...with zero deck height will be 10.5 comp... got a top notch dyno tuner lined up, too...any guesses what the hp/tq will be?

·
Banned
3,694 Posts
skyhook said:
gave up on the road king last week...$6k in motor work and still not happy...bought 08 fxdse...less weight and bigger motor has to be quicker, right...it's in the shop now...se257 cams, supertrapp 2 into 1, power commander, se air cleaner, and the kicker: r&r stage 4 heads @87cc...with zero deck height will be 10.5 comp... got a top notch dyno tuner lined up, too...any guesses what the hp/tq will be?
110hp / 115tq :whistle:

·
harleys_n_laddertrucks
1,013 Posts
skyhook said:

100/107......Just gessin....

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
117/100 ~!Awesome!

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
skyhook said:
On paper all looked fine with your build. What didn't you like about it, plenty of TQ.

Your build and dyno
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1242040#post1242040

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i used to like the road king(104hp/110tq) until we bought the wife's dyna and hopped it up(94hp/97tq)...must be the 80# difference...or maybe i'm just hopelessly power addicted

·
Banned
3,694 Posts
jerry34208 said:
OK I'll weigh in, 120HP/127TQ.

Boy your really heavy aren't you......:roflback: :roflback:

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
3,399 Posts
1711tab said:
Boy your really heavy aren't you......:roflback: :roflback:
He says it's a 110" motor. AFIK 1.1hp/cid is not unreal so that's my guess and I'm stickin to it.-2$en#e-

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dennis,
not using al for this build...moved to middle tennessee for work...bought se dyna from dealer...put extra money in loan for build...having dealer service dept do build....heads, cams, exhaust...i've asked some locals and they say dealer does ok work...really excited about having r&r stage 4 heads...do have al making me some 4-1/8x4-3/8 pistons and cyls...how's things in east la?

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
skyhook said:
dennis,
not using al for this build...moved to middle tennessee for work...bought se dyna from dealer...put extra money in loan for build...having dealer service dept do build....heads, cams, exhaust...i've asked some locals and they say dealer does ok work...really excited about having r&r stage 4 heads...do have al making me some 4-1/8x4-3/8 pistons and cyls...how's things in east la?
wow man, didnt know you moved. was looking forward to you coming to the track with us. all is well here.

sending a PM

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
new bike new build

Doc did my build and tune on my 2005 duece 110.6 hp &104.2 tq, this is a 95" motor with baisley heads,woods tw9bg gear cams,pro pipe and tuned with race tuner. The bike will wheelie a little in first and second gear if the rear tire doesn't break loose.Do I want more power, sure I do, I am 55 yrs old with a 18yr old mind. Do I need more power, not realy. But I will mosy likely go to to a axtel 107" in the future to hp&tq in the mid 120's.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
r&r says these heads are 87cc...that will be around 190ccp...what would we gain by milling the heads to get 195ccp?...reggie says 10.8 is the sweet spot with his heads and 615 cam...that's almost 200ccp

1 - 20 of 25 Posts