V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Looking to buy my first Harley... been riding for 15 years on a few bikes... most recently a Honda Shadow... feel like it is time to graduate... Right now I am trying to decice between a Heritage Softail and a Road King...

I want a bike that I can ride long distances, but still looks good cruising around... Something that will be comfortable all around... and of course look good too!

Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
The king would be my choice. I currently have a Twin Cam Dyna Superglide Sport. Great bike! Will keep it forever but plan to eventually have a touring rig.

Nothing beats an FLH for long distance comfort! Surprizingly maneuverable for short hopping to boot! Pop off the windshield for profiling your favorite haunt.

Just my $.02

SS

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
I wish I had a dollar for everytime this question was asked, do a search, should be lots of replies... Rubbermount every time...

·
Registered
725 Posts
See if you can can

demo or rent the Road King or Heritage. I took both on long trips and opted for the Heritage. Key consideration for me was the different riding position. The Heritage is more in-the-bike while the Road King more on-the-bike. May not matter to you. Both a fantastic bikes.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Re: See if you can can

sfarson said:
demo or rent the Road King or Heritage. I took both on long trips and opted for the Heritage. Key consideration for me was the different riding position. The Heritage is more in-the-bike while the Road King more on-the-bike. May not matter to you. Both a fantastic bikes.
I gotta agree with sfarson; I rode my little bros Road King alot....and it was a sweet ride... but after much consideratiuon ...I bought a Heritage classic... I love the look and the ride.... and the fact that you change the look of the bike quickly, by removing the wind shield... saddle bags and sissy bar.... good luck....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts