108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought 02 FXDWG3. Has
SE Perf. Heads,
SE 44mm carb and intake.
SE 211 cams,
SE forged HI Comp pistons,
SE slip ons.

It only has stock ignition. What would you guys suggest to change to this set up if it was yours. I'm thinking cams and exhaust along with programable ignition. What does this combo generally make. My last bike was 04 Fatboy with SE Heads, SE flat tops, 37g's, Pro Pipe that made 99/102. Only got to put about 200 miles on it before broke my ankle in August and was out of work for 10 weeks and has to sell it.

Thanks

·
Read Only
2006 Road King Classic
507 Posts
shift said:
Just bought 02 FXDWG3. Has
SE Perf. Heads,
SE 44mm carb and intake.
SE 211 cams,
SE forged HI Comp pistons,
SE slip ons.

It only has stock ignition. What would you guys suggest to change to this set up if it was yours. I'm thinking cams and exhaust along with programable ignition. What does this combo generally make. My last bike was 04 Fatboy with SE Heads, SE flat tops, 37g's, Pro Pipe that made 99/102. Only got to put about 200 miles on it before broke my ankle in August and was out of work for 10 weeks and has to sell it.

Thanks
I'm anything but an expert, with that said, sounds like you have about the same plan as I would.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My biggest concern is what cams and with these heads and pistons what is a safe lift without taking it back apart to check valve clearance.

·
Registered
487 Posts
heads are claimed for .575 with the forged pistons 560 if the tdc numbers are not excessive

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.