V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the drag bars on the bike and I must say they do look good. They are the Buffalo 10" T bars. Puts the wiring into the bars, cleans it up a lot. Pay no attention to the blinkers on the hand grips still, I am waiting for my new fork mounted blinkers to get here.

Front
Left
Right
From Tank

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Nice...very nice!!!!!!!!!

Tony:cool:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bar Question

jaxon22, did you consider the Wild1 chubby drag bars when you were shopping for bars? They were recommended to me by a bro of mine. What is the width of tubing & length (wide apart) of your bars? They look sweet! I have the same wide glide you do. I Just put on the Hard Krome double d's 2:1 Xccelerators for my exhaust.

ibrowse-

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Looks like lots of us have silver/black wide glides. I just put 6" Drag Specialties T bars on mine. Had to move the turn signals, they hit the tank, and change the brake line to a 40" braided one.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
:D WOAH!...

Great Pics.. Can't wait till it gets warmer to work on my silver/black dwg.. :)

Chaz

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ibrowse, naw I just saw a bike on the floor with these and liked them.

murphdog, have you changed your mirrors yet? Mine are pretty worthless now, since the change in position. I used EMGO turn signals that mount almost flush to the forks. I'm changing my brake line this weekend.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
jaxon22, I still have the stock mirrors and will probably keep them. About half of the mirrors are still usable, other half is my arms.
Next step is a Corbin Classic Solo if I can find someone who will get me one at a reasonable price.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Murphdog, I have a Corbin Hollywood Solo in 95% condition you can have for $75 if your interested. That's what I gave for it on ebay. I had it on my wideglide for a week, but it was too stiff for me.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Mack, yes they are straightshots.
Mrgrinch, I just bought a Corbin classic solo, the Hollywood looked a little skimpy to me. Thanks for the offer, though!
I kinda wish now that I had bought the Chubby 501s or the equivalent Drag Spec bars. They have an inch more pullback and end rise. Your's look good GlennM.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mrgrinch: I hope you don't mind me butting in , but , I may be interested in that seat. I am doing some work on my bike now and a solo might add just the finishing touch.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
tyancey, you're welcome to it if you want, but I saw in your profile you have a '94. This seat is for '96-up Wideglides according to the Corbin website. I don't know what the difference is.

·
Who Dares Wins
204 Posts
murphdog

Now that I've seen yours and jaxon22 from the tank side, and I've decided to go with the 8"...now Carlini's or the Buffalo bars. Decisions, Decisions. Just wait till I have to decide on which type of seat to buy. LOL :)

RoninPPS::D :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'll make your decision easy...DON'T go with the Buffalo Bars!!! I have a set and the chrome plating is shoddy at best. They rust VERY easily and the chrome flakes off near the edges.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.