V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently installed Barnett’s scorpion clutch and rebuilt my tranny on 06 Electra glide. I also changed all seals and bearings throughout. New clutch cable from Barnett. I must also say Barnett has been nothing but amazing to work with. There’s a guy there named Joe and he has been awesome. The cable is top quality. Anyways I’m down to where I’ve been trying to get the adjustment dialed in and having problems here. Hopefully somebody out there can help me. The bike is shifting great up. The downshifts are a little hard. No matter what I do I can’t seam to get it dialed in there. Also if bike is running I can not shift into neutral. It don’t skip past neutral and hit second it won’t move. It would probably bend the shifter pawl if I tried any harder. I am running bell ray primary fluid in the primary and redline shockproof in the tranny. I’ve got the fluid level perfect as the book shows. Just at the bottom of my clutch plates. Primary chain is in between specs all the way around. Some places it is at the max but it’s in there. Any advice would be great. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
8,419 Posts
you dont have the push rod adjuster (clutch threaded in enough
iiwy,, I would adjust the cable adjuster all the way in,, shortest,,, loosen the locking nut on the pressure plate end of clutch adjustment,,, then run the adjuster screw in ss 1many turns as it takes,, you should hit resistance from the clutch spring somewhere in here... when you do,, go ahead and go 2 turns further,, then back the adjuster out slowly and notice where the spring pressure is gone,,, go back in and back out a couple of times,, then on the last out,,, stop at the point where the pressure drops off,,, go 2 nut flats past that,, and lock the adjuster down...

now adjust the cable tighter,, keep going until all the free play in the clutch is gone,, then loosen the cable about 3-3 nut flats lock that down

now try the clutch running,, it is common for harley clutch to be difficult at first,, it needs a few miles on it to wear any burrs off,,, try down shifting while in motion,, it should shift easily,, neutral is another matter,,, most prefer to have neutral found while rolling,, I always drop 2 first then back up to neutral before stopping...

just a fyi,,, there are 3 different lengths of each of the push rod pieces,, there a 3 pieces so 9 combinations to gather the length right..
my Rivera clutch took a stock year center rod,, a 94 and up left side rod, and an 87-90 right side,, I had to lose the oil slinger since that right rod with the correct length did not have a provision for it...
good luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are awesome. Got it going and you was correct after few miles it got better and better. Thank you thank you. _i did order a new baker throw out bearing kit and new pushrod so next time I’ll throw those in and do again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts