V-Twin Forum banner

New Addition to My Family Also

2K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  captainhook455 
#1 ·
Thermodyne inspired me to also share my new purchase.

I looked very hard at the Road Glide but decided it was just not comfortable for me. I'm a short guy and the windshield was too far away and it just felt bigger.

I pulled the trigger on a Street Glide Special with the 114. I am pretty excited to get it on the road when the weather cooperates (I am not very tough)

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
That is a good picture. Idk how to do all this stuff either. It was easier with my old phone. This new phone is too damn smart for me and now I have to size my pics and shiitt. Still haven't figured out how to create a thread.

Anyways there must be a 40° day sometime and then you have to post on how you like it etc. especially the faring. I bought a RK and I want your reviews of it please. I also bought a tour trunk which I am having 2nd thoughts about cuz the thing must weigh 40lbs.with the hardware and speakers.

#6 ·
My last bike was a 13 street glide so I'm familiar with the bike.. how it handles.. etc.

This one has:
-Bigger motor (114 vs 103)
-Antilock Brembo brakes
-Linked Brakes (anxious to see if this is just BS)
-GPS (I use this all the time in my auto's, never had it on a bike before)
-No rear air suspension. Wasn't a big fan of the air.. bled off all the time

Enjoy your Road King. If I was taller I would consider one of those

#7 ·
Congrats, I’m a batwing fan as well.

Sent from a handheld item of convenience

#19 ·
Get the Fork Fangs, and the engine guard covers, and you will greatly extend your riding season!

#21 ·
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Stopped by the dealership today and they are putting my Bars on. I've never spent the money on bars before... excited to try them out.

When it's all done I will send a few more pictures.

Appreciate all the kind words.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.