V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my '05 Road King Classic back from a guy who used to post here regularly, but seems to be no longer welcome here. I have to say he's not only one really nice guy, but he's a pretty sharp builder and tuner, too.

Specs: 95" pistons and cylinders
Dougherty machine air intake with a K&N filter and Dewey cover
Head work by Baisley
Andrews 37G cams
V&H Propipe HS
3.37:1 final gearing
SE clutch assy
Power Commander III

I couldn't be happier!!! This thing runs like a scalded dog. If the seat didn't still match my backside so well, I'd think Doc swapped bikes on me.

Okay... Dyno numbers? Actual Horsepower: 101 Torque: 110

Even he seemed a little surprised at what he got out of it.

He says he won't mind if I pass his contact info on to anyone looking to do some upgrading, so if you're interested PM me and I'll hook you up.

Meantime, I got to wear out the rear tire and get over the headrush before I put the GF on the back. If I ride it with her on board the way I was riding it yesterday, she'd put a dent in the back of my head.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
:woohoo: :woohoo: this is what you probably looked like on the first test drive....congrats on the new build, we KNOW you are happy.....say hi to the old coot for us.....impressive numbers.....post the sheet if you can.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Way to go!! Lucky you, living someplace where you can actually enjoy it this time of year!! Tell Doc hi would you, everyone here misses him and I think I can safely speak for most here that he would most certainly be welcome here! It's a little complicated but if he's ever in a situation where he is able return, there'd be alot of happy people here! I am sure he knows this!

Now get out there and ride!!!

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
???

Nomad,
That build looks very close to what I want. Those numbers are impressive to say the least. What kind of head work did Don do?

I wasn't sure how to ask this but as long as the subject has been somewhat brought up....why does Doc no longer post here? I am not trying to stir any pot, I am just curious because I didn't see anything on any of the threads. Please PM me if it is more appropriate or tell me to go lay down by my dish and I will drop it. I also e-mail him on occasion with a question and he is always happy to help.

Thanks

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
Doc will always be welcome here. And it would be best not to bring it up. the last thread dealing with the subject had to be deleted because it only caused further hardship for Doc and nobody want that to happen.

Congrats on the Build !!!

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, the situation Doc got stuck in sucks pretty bad. I'm sure he knows the majority of us would like to see him back, but... A real shame, too. He's one great little guy.

I'd LOVE to post that graph if I can figure out how to do it. I'm working out of town right now and all I got to work with is a laptop, not my usual set-up. But if I can figure out a way to do it, I will.

And by the way, all, thanks for the congrats! I am one happy camper.

·
Who? Me?
187 Posts
As a daily reader of this forum, Im not sure how I missed what happened to Doc. I sure miss reading his posts and hope that he is doing well.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Great job, Doc's info sure helped me and alot of us in the past. This forum lost one of it's greatest assets and he is surely missed!
If anyone has his contact info please e mail me at
Toyman30011 bellsouth net
Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts