V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to pick up an '05 8-Ball for 4500 and some trade tomorrow. Only 10k on her and the photos show her as like New condition. I understand you guys are a little biased here but how is the value with this deal? Never owned or even really talked about a Victory before. I've always been a Harley guy. Don't hate me. But what's the honest opinions on here. KBB puts the value at 5k. What can I expect as far as life span out of the 92ci. Thanks for you time.

·
Premium Member
4,717 Posts
One of my riding pals is riding a Victory with about 50k trouble free miles on his 92 ci. I've always liked the 8 Ball and I believe the Vics are good bikes.

I personally wouldn't hesitate.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Welcome from Michigan. No opinion on the bike,more in the garage is always better.

·
Registered
15,882 Posts
Depends on the trade. $5-6K for them with around 20k mi.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I pulled the trigger. Picked her up last night. 10,200mi and I paid 4400 plus a well used RIA 1911 pistol that I paid 400 for. So I'm out 4800 total. She's cherry. Wish I knew how to put pictures in here so I could show you. I'm definitely proud of ELVIRA.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I don't have any experience with Victory's , but have never heard anything bad about them. I too have always been a HD owner , but they do interest me more than a Twin-Cam. I'd love to be able to play with one of the motors. For $4500 , I think I'd do it.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
One of our riding group has a 92 in. Vic Vegas and he loves it. No problems to speak of.

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. I'd say you did real good. Add me to the list of Vic fans. IMO, they make a strong-running, well-engineered machine. Test rode a 2016 Cross Country IIRC. Very impressive. Won't be surprised if you end up liking the Vic a whole lot more than you expect. !!thumbs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts