V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What pipes for a 2003 Deuce?

OK , I upgraded from a used harley to a new 2003 Deuce EFI with custom paint of the American Flag (hence the name OldGlory). I want it to scream American pride.

What are the best (in terms of sound first - a loud throaty deep sound that would set off car alarms and scare young kids from far away ;-) , performance 2nd) exhaust pipes to upgrade to? Thunders? Hard Krome? Mean Machine Pipes (custom made)? What do 2:1 pipes do???

I want the best, its one of a kind!

help me out guys...

thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just picked my 03 Deuce Saturday and put Samson Ripsaws on it. Let me tell you that when the dealer pulled it around up to the service area everyone in the parking lot looked over at it. It's that freakin' loud. I'm so glad I chose them.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I have a 01 Deuce with EFI running a Thunder and I'm totally satified with the sound and performance. Eventually, I also installed the 95" kit with SE203 cams and this made a world of difference!!!!!

Also, I forgot to mention that by running the Thunder Header, your passenger right foot peg will no longer be next to the muffler, plus you don't have to remove the muffler when removing the rear axle.

Good luck!!:) :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Pivoman and Kimyung, I decided to go with the Samson shortslashers, I will let you know how it goes...

·
963 Posts
Hey Old Glory, How did the short slashers come out? Please updat this post for us!-Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts