V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen this yet - I understand it has more chrome - sounds really nice. Might customise my '01 FXDXT in a similar way.

Chadders UK

·
Rubber mounted Rider
194 Posts
Picture of FXDXT

Here it is and yes it has more chrome.

I, owning a FXDX, prefers black

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Do you guys leave that fairing on all the time, or....

take it off and only put it back on for long motorway/highway trips?

Is it easy to take off and put back on?

I'm planning on heartlessly abandoning my faithful XLH 1200 for an FXDX or FXDXT and that extra chrome + bags + fairing appeals (a bargain considering the price difference of the bikes compared to the parts), but I'd want to strip off bags and fairing for all but long trips.

Thanks for the help,

Mike

·
Rubber mounted Rider
194 Posts
FXDX

I think your better off with a FXDX with the quarter fairing 57070-98 and saddlebags. I've just bought the fairing for my own FXDX and it's quick detachable :) .

The FXDXT looks like **** without the fairing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never tried without the fairing. But took the bags of for a while in the summer - looks quite mean.

I guess I'll just tinker with a few chrome bits (battery covers, electrics/ignition cover, banjo covers, etc) but like The Dane - the black is low maintenance.

When it's finished, I'll post some photos

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you guys clean the wheels with? Seem to have some tarnish, especially on the rear wheel. Also the casing bolts look a bit tired.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Why does The Dane say it looks like xxxx without the fairing?

Don't you just end up with two threaded mounting lugs either side of each of the fork yokes?

Unless that was an x for each lug? :)

Cheers

Mike

·
Rubber mounted Rider
194 Posts
Maybe

Maybe your right. Does the FXDXT have the same headlight as the FXDX.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Does does the FXDXT have the same headlamp as the FXDX?.....

I really don't know. I really must find the time to drag myself into a showroom. I've got to say I'm not mad about any of the Dyna headlamps, though. I'm definitely not a fan of the "eyebrow", even on my Sportster.

BTW, nice site you've got there.

Cheers

Mike

·
Rubber mounted Rider
194 Posts
Dyna look

Hi Mike

You're right about the look of the Dyna. I'm not riding af Dyna for the looks, but for the riding skills.

Thanks for you're comment to my site.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
>>You're right about the look of the Dyna. I'm not riding af Dyna for the looks, but for the riding skills.<<

Same here. It's the handling I'm after. I can't see much of the bike when I'm riding it and don't have much time to gaze at it when I'm not.... :)

Cheers

Mike

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good thing about the T is the discounted insurance - mine is classified as a touring bike.

Fairing comes off quick as do the bags - then it is essentially a FXDX.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
How low can I get?

Walked into my local dealer to have a look round. Demo'd a Low Rider, fell in love with it, PX'd it and drove it home....

Changing the fork springs to Progressives and the rear shocks to Progressive 440s as soon as the dealer can get them.

Just loved that low-down feeling.

Is life predictable or what?

Pissed off this weekend, though: Ihave the flu, a temperature, strange visions and its raining....

Cheers

Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts