V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello. I am new to the forum and a new Harley owner. I had the opportunity to purchase a 2002 Police Road King FLHP-I that is brand new. It will be ready in 2 weeks. I am planning on switching the stock solo seat with a Sundowner 2-up touring bucket seat and a removable passenger backrest. I am also thinking of doing a stage-1 kit with SE one-piece performance mufflers. I'm hoping this will give me the harley deep, throaty sound. Any thoughts on my choices or suggestions for a "newbie?" I am upgrading from a 750 Honda Shadow ACE and looking forward to the new bike.

·
Registered
659 Posts
gman ... welcome , and congrats on the new ride.
I'm not going to be much help with your questions, but there are many guys here that are real expert and will give you great advice.
You're gonna love your ride.
I'm leaving the stock seat on my king and putting seII pipes on, no kit (same setup that I have on my soft tail).
I like the sound of the SE - I've heard the kit adds a bit of extra hp - but I don't ride 2 up so it's not an issue with me, and the kit isn't required for my pipe upgrade.
Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Welcome and congrats. You are gonna love the ride of the FL. As far as the upgrades go its hard to know when to stop.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Gman,
I have a 2000 FLHPI. I love it. I went with a Mustang solo and pillion. I just added the SE mufflers and Stage 1. It was the sound I was looking for and I like the extra zip too. (And like the other guys said, I couldnt stop there...)

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
The P model is an open slate if the price is right. Have a 2000, with the Mustang seat. Couldn't stop with just mufflers, ended up with 95 inch, heads, cams, White Brothers E series pipes, and some other little things.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Wow thats quite an upgrade, congrats on the bike . My bike has a carb and I was told by the dealer to get it broke in before changing to the high flow and new pipes. So I waited for 1000 miles and yes the bike runs and sounds better, I have Kerker pipes, which I think are the same as the SE pipes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts