V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,250 Posts
I used to wear an open faced helmet like religion. We only get one week of spring before the heat of summer ruins comfortable riding. There used to be more weeks of spring and anyone who doesn't believe in climate change lives in a cave. A couple years ago I bought an Ak88 with a quick release for $89. Quite comfortable for me so I bought one for my son. He has a beard and didn't like the neck strap as he said his throat hair was catching on the material of the strap. Something to think about if one is a bit hairy.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I'm a huge fan of open face helmets. I have two one is a Bell "Pit Boss" I like it allot very comfortable and the flip down hidden visor is nice when your speeding on the highway keeps the wind out from under your sunglasses. The ear covers and and back of neck padding makes it feel like a 3/4 helmet. . My new warm weather helmet is a "Sena Cavalry" great for music and phone calls on the go. Crystal clear intercom good for me and my sons to communicate while riding. Nice and light too

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use a full-face helmet which I bought from amazon. I don't compromise with my safety because SAFETY AT FIRST, I think.

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
Picked up one of these. I always wore a full coverage but with the "new" weather these days it's just too durn hot sometimes :flames: so...
https://www.amazon.com/Blister-888-S-M-Approved-Lightweight-Release/dp/B0799CQC2N/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1541085454&sr=1-6&keywords=low+profile+motorcycle+helmet&th=1
I bought one of those a few weeks ago from a local leather shop, really like the quick connect strap. It's light and comfortable. I wear it all the time now, it's as comfortable as a ball cap.

I had gotten into the habit of not wearing my helmets much. I ride a lot of city streets, see a good share of confusion. Then when I finally break free to country roads there is always the deer threat.

A few days before I picked up the new helmet we were returning home, late evening. In the city, half way between two of the busiest streets around a deer crossed about 20 feet in front of me at a full run. It was in and out of my eyesight before I had time to react.

That got me thinking.

What is the best helmet?

The one you wear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts