V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
jmps1 said:
do you have to mess with ecu if you only want seII slip on mufflers for the sound?
Yep! With fuel injection, anytime you change intake or exhaust from stock settings, it has to be remapped.

Why not do the mufflers and have the Stage I done at the same time?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's what the stealer said, but also said it would cost roughly 1200.00 for the upgrade (mufflers, sert, and a/c). thought that was a little steep.
i figured there has to be a better (cheaper way to get the h/d sound).
i'm not interested at this time in performance, just need to get rid of that honda sound-----ha

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
jmps1 said:
that's what the stealer said, but also said it would cost roughly 1200.00 for the upgrade
Yep, time to pay the Harley taxes. And, the taxes are higher with EFI. If it was a carb bike you could have gotten away with just changing the pipes.

·
B-Rad, BFMC 104
537 Posts
WOW, $1200 is a bit steep. The tuner os only $450 dealer price and the a/c is $120 or so... Don't know the price on the mufflers, but it sounds like they are hitting you with about 5 or 6 hours labor for a 1 hour job.
Search for the post, but there's instructions on here to make your own Stage1 a/c for a fraction of the kit cost, and you can get the tuner from other sources for just over $300 and put it all on yourself for FREE...

Good luck
Brad

·
Can you hear me now
153 Posts
You should be able to get the AC / Slip ons / and Stage 1 tune for between 700 and 800 dollars, unless your getting the catalyst slipons. I have an 06 with EFI and was quoted 740 for that set up at my stealer.
You can also go for upgrades like a PC / AC of your choice / slip ons of your choice. That can take you from 500 dollars on up and will require an hour plus of your wrench turning abilities.
Good Luck and no matter what choice you make it is still a Harley and thats the only choice to make.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nightrain 06 said:
You should be able to get the AC / Slip ons / and Stage 1 tune for between 700 and 800 dollars, unless your getting the catalyst slipons. I have an 06 with EFI and was quoted 740 for that set up at my stealer.
You can also go for upgrades like a PC / AC of your choice / slip ons of your choice. That can take you from 500 dollars on up and will require an hour plus of your wrench turning abilities.
Good Luck and no matter what choice you make it is still a Harley and thats the only choice to make.

this particular stealer will only do the sert, thats why the cost....i talked to another stealer who gave me a price of a/c 130.00, pipes seII 220.00, and stage one download 190.00. a little more reasonable....
any one heard of the se torque mufflers, sound wise that is? i have been tossing around the seII or the torque mufflers( i have heard the with the torques you can get by without all the ecm junk....dont know.

thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi all,

My last bike I totally gutted the pipes and made my own baffles and in 40k I had no problems without remap. On the 05 I knocked the plugs out of the SE pipes for more sound and In 10k no problems. Last week I knocked the plugs out of the ol lady's new RK after talking to the dealer mechanic. Pretty much all my friends have installed ther own pipes without remap Anyway the way I understand it you don't have to re map unless you do the air cleaner also.

Kevin

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont know about not doing a remap, just bought the seII today and installed, definately ran hotter, no pop on decel. great sound a little more responsive at the throttle......a/c and stage one download are next very soon....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts