V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the bike I have been drooling over for a long time.

Had to drive 14 hours round trip to pick it up out of state but it was well worth the drive.

Got a Problem with the Neutral indicator light but I am working on that.

I went with the samson ( rolling thunder) exhaust, remap the EFI with HD software and also a K& M high flow air filter and it kicks ass!!

I was a little shocked at the ( out the door ) price when all said and done. I put $2419 down and the total was 23k with taxes , 6 year add warranty, $1250 in above upgrades. But what the hell - it's only another monthly payment ?

$340/ month til I die - or 84 months , whichever comes first

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
WOW more like $28.560 I wish you the best of luck with your king! At least we know the bike will be around long after the payments.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Good to hear you picked up your bike. I have one just like it due in the Spring... That seems like a long way away.. Hell it is a long way away... grumble... grumble...
I am sure you will enjoy the ride.
Ride safe..

PhilRKC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Congratulations! Tell yourself its tax deductible and that will help some.

Unfortunately, I don't think it is.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Thealien said:
WOW more like $28.560 I wish you the best of luck with your king! At least we know the bike will be around long after the payments.
Ummmm that would be $32,229.

Yo BB, congrats man! If you don't mind, what is the interest rate you are paying?

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Seen your pics, nice scoot! Hey, one of the best add ons up front is to get them rear turning signals to be red lense and act as brake lights. Easy mod and it is a life saver!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
8.99% for 84months thru Harley Credit --> Eaglemark Savings Bank

Gave 10% down

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
I would look to refinance if possible. 84 months is a long time and you are paying a lot of interest.

A lot of folks don't think about it. I bought mine 02/18/00 and really did not worry about the interest rate at the time. I knew I would pay the bike off in one year.

I made a deal for $18,900. Laid down $3,300 bringing the financed amount to $15,600. Made 12 payments of $348 and then a final payment of $15,250.

Grand total = $22,726.

Had I continued on the payments the same bike would have been.

Down $3,300
72 x $348 = $25,056

That saved $5630. Grand total = $28,356

Had I paid cash up front I'd a saved close to $10k !

A lot a folks don't realize a financed Harley runs roughly $10k more than if ya pay cash.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hope to pay mine off before the 84 months also but for the mean time with the holidays approaching and me not having 20 grand to throw at the dealer - this was the best I could hope for to get me making noise now rather than later.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the Back Break Light in mind already as was reccommended by many of my riding coworkers.

Hey - you and i have the same B-Day!! March 17th!!

Ever have any green birthday cakes as a kid? What a memory!!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Oh hell yea, understood. You have your BABY HOME now! That was the important part. Now if you can figure a way to reduce your cost it is all gravy and corn on the cob! Oh oh... that reminds me. :) Oh honey!

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you own a home, you should go get a Home Equity loan and pay off the Harley loan. Home Equity loans are fully deductable and currently are running between 4.5% and 6% with other incentives-0% for 6 months, etc.... Check it out if you are a home owner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts