V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of changing out my Fat Boy bars for either the W560 or 502 offered by Wild One. I realize they are vastly different, but I want to be able to sit back more and I like both looks (one's a 12" ape, the other is a low rise drag bar). Since I have never used either - and probably won't be able to ride a bike with either prior to making a decision - I need some input.
What's easier to ride with? Most comfortable? Provides greatest control?

Any input you can offer - um, how about, any constructive input you can offer would be much appreciated! :)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Fat Boy Al said:
- I need some input.
What's easier to ride with? Most comfortable? Provides greatest control?

Your stockers.

12" apes should be ok but looks ???
drag bars? On a fAT bOY? Well Ive seen it.

Im thinking pull back risers might help you out with much less hassel.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
if you want something more comfy forget either of those choices....get the chubby 504 bars or as a compromise the 560 drags that have lots of pullback.

go to the www.wild1inc.com site and lookat the customer pics and the virtual comparisons...great site, great product

·
Seasoned Rider
108 Posts
Yo Al,
Lets us know which one you went with and how you like 'em.
Thinking of the same for my ride.
-Lubey

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I just bought the 504s for my FLSTCI. The HD dealership near me puts these on lots of Fatties and Heritages. I loved the look and feel and tested them on the floor models. They told me that most customers find them more comfortable than the stock Fatboy bars. Putting them on my bike in a week or two which will be my first wrenching project (not considering some misc chrome doo dads). I'll be picking up a service manual today to get a head start. FYI - from what I've heard and read on this forum the connectors for the internal wiring are under the gas tank which will require removing the tank followed by releasing the wiring from the connectors. The dealer has a special tool but suggests an exacto knife. Should be fun...

·
Banned
621 Posts
If you walk in and see a cop, sailor and indian. And they all look at you like they just found their biker. It's probably the wrong bar.
Printer:D :D

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Installed the Wild1 504s this weekend on the FLSTCI. The job took my buddy and I @ 5 hours (no prior experience) wthout stopping. It was alot easier working with a helper. If you use the HD service manual and follow it like the bible then you will have no problems. IMHO they look and feel just great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts