V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided my bike is BER and the Insurance Company agrees.

I would appreciate it very much if you folks for forward any information you have that will help me justify the replacement value.

2000 RoadKing Classic
Stage 1
Vance and Hines Slip Ons
Pearl Bronze
Custom Floor boards, grips, brake fluid covers, switch housings.

I am looking for a minimum $20k in replacement value.

Thanks!

[email protected]

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Good luck on settlement, JimmyK. In most cases, insurance will not cover the little extras we all put on to make our bike 'ours'. They will go on what the 'book' value shows and pay that unless you have special rider on policy to cover any extras added. If so, I'd pull on internet what each item I put on bike was, what the cost today is and add that to 'book' value of the bike.

Hey, if they won't allow you to consider and add these items, time to get some tools and strip everything off her you can since they are going on 'base model'. :D Just my .02......

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks !

Trust me we have already discussed that matter. The Insurance Company is being cool so far. They know what I am after.

I told em I would take $23k and settle the claim in full. They want a signature on the injury portion of the claim and I want a new bike.

I am sure we will come to a mutual agreement soon as I am still rippen the rubber of the rented Mazda ! LOL!

G

·
I'll check the papers tonight and post what things are going for in this area. Overall, bike prices seem to be cheaper in the midwest and higher on the coasts, so you might want to concentrate on prices in your area.

I really feel for you Jimmy. It sucks to be ride-less for months just because some freakin' idjit didn't do his job. Once your righteous anger burns down some, concentrate on the positive - you'll be in that sweet position of having to decide what to buy next. I think you'd look good on a V-Rod with those chrome saddlebags ... :D ... and I bet I know one dealer that won't be gettin your new bike business ...

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Jimmy, every time they lowball your figure, tell them your arm is starting to go numb again! They wanna play games, well play games! :D

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
And don't forget the nightmares you have been suffering since this accident, and the drinking problem to calm your nerves while driving a Mazda, etc......

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Oooohh, weird thought. Jimmy collects the insurance money and buys a brand new Mazda instead of a Harley, or maybe 2 Kia's for the family and chromes out the Kia! :p

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Smokey said:
Oooohh, weird thought. Jimmy collects the insurance money and buys a brand new Mazda instead of a Harley, or maybe 2 Kia's for the family and chromes out the Kia! :p
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

G

·
Nahh, Jimmy's the kind of guy who'd take the cash and build a custom bike from the ground up ....now let's see, who sells a bagger frame that fits a 250 tire ...

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL Ok Smokey... LOL!

Actually I have already found my next bike. It's in NC. ( A friend of a friend.)

03 RoadKing Classic
Gun Metal Pearl
$20k out the door and that price includes my selecting $1,000 in add on stuff.

TEXAN Harley Davidson will NEVER see one penney that ever sat in my pocket again!

I know I come down on the dealership hard. I do want it understood that my attitude does not apply to them all. There are still some great supportive dealerships out there and my hat's off to them.

If I have to get on a plane to find a dealership that still has the "Spirit", then I will do so.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Boismier said:
Nahh, Jimmy's the kind of guy who'd take the cash and build a custom bike from the ground up ....now let's see, who sells a bagger frame that fits a 250 tire ...

Right now I just want some wind ! I'll buy the bike, but I will buy it from good people and not some lame ass greedy bastards.

·
Registered
380 Posts
you got the good idea jimmy just do not let the big money guys tell you stories. insurance people are in the business to make money so watch them with an evel eye. give em hell.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
slamin sammy said:
you got the good idea jimmy just do not let the big money guys tell you stories. insurance people are in the business to make money so watch them with an evel eye. give em hell.

Brother, I am a Professional Customer by trade. I don't want someone elses, but I WILL have mine.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
In fact , now that I look close it isn't much help at all...most didn't reach the established reserve price or got no bids at all....didn't look at all though. This on didn't get any bids but seems like a good deal for somebody at a few hundred less. not me of course....too young for anything like that...hehe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1847799498

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all your help guys ! This is the one I am currently tracking...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1851781033

I have been in contact with Mid West Choppers on this one. I will also find out about the 03 Tuesday.

Logical the $20k includes the injury portion of the claim so I am being quite reasonable and the Insurance Co knows and appreciates it.

Things will work out. Gonna be an interesting week for me so stay tuned!

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
JimmyK said:

Logical the $20k includes the injury portion of the claim so I am being quite reasonable and the Insurance Co knows and appreciates it.

Things will work out. Gonna be an interesting week for me so stay tuned!
Jimmy don't forget compensation for pain and suffering!

Suffering= having to drive a Kia and then a Mazda! :eek:

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Smokey said:

Jimmy don't forget compensation for pain and suffering!

Suffering= having to drive a Kia and then a Mazda! :eek:

That is not pain and suffering. It is actually a Constitutional matter in the form of CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNNISHMENT!

Bla Ha ha ha ha

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Mrs. Jones SO just found a 02' RoadKing for $18K. Guy bought it in April, assuming his other retired buddies were buying too! Wrong! Put 1500 miles on it and sold it. Got a good deal! Me, never heard a word about the one that guy won and wanted $17,500. Not really in the market for a RK so I never pushed the issue.

Hey Jimmy. Why don't you remove the goodies you added and put them on your new bike? (or KIA:D)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts