V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, i have a 2006 night train fuel inject, stage 1, BSS with moster baffles
and i want to upgrade for performance but dont have the cash for a 95 so wile i save i was thinking tw6 i think thay are and thay said thay would mill the heads and tweek them a little bit port and polish hog them out a bit
i want a lot of torque i mean alot so what would you guys put on if you only have 2 grand to throw in it and i dont have time to do itmyself so tell me what you all think
thanks for your help


Don
 

·
Infidel
Joined
·
6,331 Posts
You have a brand new bike (2006) with stage 1 mods.

I would ride it as is for a couple of years while you save soome $$$.

There must be 100 threads on 95 and 98 inch builds here at the VTF.

Read 'em and ask questions. By the time you have your money saved up you'll know exactly what you want.

Welcome aboard :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i thought thats what i was gonna hear but its so hard not to git into it like that i think i might just do screamin eagle 203s i have the money for that right now anyways i would love to take the ass out of it,and voiding the warrenty is kinda gittin to me if i went that porting job route it wasent from the dealer.... its so hard not to want to put a 103 in the nice lookin girl ya know anymore thoughts would be nice thanks for your time

Don
 

·
Infidel
Joined
·
6,331 Posts
midnight sporty said:
yeah i thought thats what i was gonna hear but its so hard not to git into it like that i think i might just do screamin eagle 203s i have the money for that right now anyways i would love to take the ass out of it,and voiding the warrenty is kinda gittin to me if i went that porting job route it wasent from the dealer.... its so hard not to want to put a 103 in the nice lookin girl ya know anymore thoughts would be nice thanks for your time

Don
Hey Don,

I know several guys that have put SE 204 cams into stage I TC88's. They all claim to be real happy with the performance increases.

Most folks on this list would argue that it is most cost effective to do all your mods at the same time.

The 103 in motors are nice. Did you see the new HD 113 kit? :brows:

Keep us posted on your decision.

regards,

wyo
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i have the thousand dollars for the cam the 203s are for lower end torque
and i hope thay make it idle nice and ruff haha well i have to do the 203 i just have to do it now so i have someting a little more snappier for sommer is that a reasonable cam would i notice a diffence?



Don
 

·
Infidel
Joined
·
6,331 Posts
midnight sporty said:
well i have the thousand dollars for the cam the 203s are for lower end torque
and i hope thay make it idle nice and ruff haha well i have to do the 203 i just have to do it now so i have someting a little more snappier for sommer is that a reasonable cam would i notice a diffence?



Don
Hi Don,

yep, you'll notice. The SE 203's and 204's a very similar. 203's have a little more torque (down low), 204's have a little more on top. Both are considered mild cams and should work well in a Stage I TC88.

regards,

wyo
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
522 Posts
Don,

I started with the Stage I on my 2005 Dyna Super Glide Sport and rode with that combo until I hit 5000 miles. At 5000 miles I changed the stock mufflers for a set of HD slash down slip ons. I also bout a Power Commander and downloaded a stock map. Performance was good, but gas mileage sucked, so I took the Power Commander off. Two weeks ago I had a set of SE-203 cams installed, the Power Commander reinstalled, and the bike dyno tuned. I haven't ridden enough to know about the gas mileage, but the bike definitely moves. The dyno shows 85 foot-pounds of torque.

I am not that I will ever go to a 95 inch motor, so I am only doing one or two changes at a time. I think that I probably should have had the heads worked on at the same time, but I guess I will pay for some duplicate labor.

Stephen
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stephen

so the bike moves huh yeah i think im gonna do that same setup for now
then when i save the money ill do the 95 inch kit but i need some more torque
before summer hits i love dragin up the blvd on the weekends lots of torque is way to much fun,,, how good does it move out?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
522 Posts
Don,

I don't have to worry about the cars around me when I leave the stoplight. I didn't think I was on the throttle very hard and all of a sudden it was "Where did they all go?"

Stephen
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
81 Posts
I'd get some miles out of the stock pistons and cylinders. Before I went to 95 cubic inches. The 203 cam will help out. The best money I've spend so far was a good dyno tune. -2$en#e-
 

·
?????
Joined
·
3,531 Posts
I'm from a different school of thought, if you have it apart for cams the cost of going 95" isn't squat compared to ripping it apart twice. It's kind of like sticking a toe in cold water when you should just jump right in and get it over with.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks all of you i just have help but have to do some mods to it though
im going to do the cams now and in a couple of years ill do the 95 i just cant
swing the money for the 95 now but i have the need for torque i would never have my dealer do the 95 kit as thay want 5,100 bucks to do it ewww no way
lol a very good engine builder here thats very well known will do it for 3 thousand and says he can git me to 120 hp in a 95 kit and if he cant he will make it do that lol hillsidecycle.com very very good engine builders
but anway thank you for all the help and help in the future ill post dyno
and pics soon
 

·
Infidel
Joined
·
6,331 Posts
midnight sporty said:
......a very good engine builder here thats very well known will do it for 3 thousand and says he can git me to 120 hp in a 95 kit

Gotta call bullsh!t on that one! :D

If he could do that he'd have thousands of guys lined up with fists full of cash. The traffic jam would be so bad we'd be seeing it on CNN. :yikes:
 

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
wyodude said:
Gotta call bullsh!t on that one! :D

If he could do that he'd have thousands of guys lined up with fists full of cash. The traffic jam would be so bad we'd be seeing it on CNN. :yikes:
Don't hold back Wyo:boxin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
feb 06 street chopper shows on a dyno with these guys 115 hp and 114 tq
out of a 95 inch kit and thay have updated it scenece and its 10 hp higher
and its 4 thousand not 3,5 sorry let me see 1.9 00 intake valves,1.630 44 degree tullip valves exhaust,bob woods tw-400g cams with gear drive,
sand s roler rockers,wiseco pistons,s and s push rod kit,1 oil pressure shim,ngk plugs,1 set comp relese,188 psi springs,1 power comander,50 mm throttle body kitand supertrap ehuast under 5,300 from what i was told on the ph onejust called them.... and thats out the door with a race tuner
i guess its just what this mag is sayin
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
701 Posts
midnight sporty said:
Hey all, i have a 2006 night train fuel inject, stage 1, BSS with moster baffles
and i want to upgrade for performance but dont have the cash for a 95 so wile i save i was thinking tw6 i think thay are and thay said thay would mill the heads and tweek them a little bit port and polish hog them out a bit
i want a lot of torque i mean alot so what would you guys put on if you only have 2 grand to throw in it and i dont have time to do itmyself so tell me what you all think
thanks for your help


Don

I would go with the 204 cams over the 203. Someone said that they were close, but they are nowhere near the same.
Look here for the numbers.


http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/hdcam_twincam_bydur_ql.htm

For what you are asking, I would go with the Andrews 26 or the SE 204..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
but i just like drag racin from light to light on the boulavard and stuff kinda just playin with people dont the 203s arnt they for that kinda riding,,
i thought the 204 were for baggers that just wanna pass someone on the highway also isent the 204 way more choppy (thats a good thing) :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oh i dont know everyone i know says the 204 is for people runnin way up in the rpm's and the 203 is for racin from street light to street light
thats what i hear atleast please tell me im wrong im still learning on this stuff
i mean even the stealer told me that was the cam to go with for street light to street light racing i might be going with a woods gear drivin cam,s s and s pushrods a power commander and a full blown tune 400 bucks worth told me he could do it for 2,000 and i would have high 80's hp and low 90's tq quaronteed it would blow the doors off any dealer 203 or 4 please git back to me
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top