V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me? I know nothing about bikes. We have a 1973 Red Electra Glide in excellent condition that we need to sale. (it was hubby's brothers bike). How much is it worth? How do you go about selling a bike? We were going to ask $12,500 but were told that is too little. Is it really worth more? Has anyone ever sold on ebay? All help is appreciated!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Well personally I would not pay 12.5 for a 73 but there are a lot of folks who would. Watch ebay for a while and get a feel for what is going for what. I take it your brother in law died. Condolances.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Fact is that bike is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. The shovels can go for as little as 5-6 grand around hear. It depends on the condition to set a asking price. The area your in has a lot to do with it as well. I myself would never pay that kind of $$$ (12.5K) for that bike. If its is as good as you say there may well be a colector willing to pay.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
HELP ME said:
so 12.5 is too much?
is there not a place to look up values?
Well NADA goes back to 81. ( By the way that is a GREAT number)

You won't want to hear it, but high retail for an 81 is $6,500.

http://www.nadaguides.com/

The bike you have is probably around $6k unless there is something extrordinary about it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
omg guess what it is NOT a super glide it is an ELECTRA Glide
and we hope to take pics soon, it has LOTS of chrome etc.. and the coor is red

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
73 is not a super glide it is ELECTRA GLIDE

sorry about the mistake, it is an ELECTRA GLIDE
BIL was offered 20k and turned it down bc it is his dream bike and he LOVED it!!!!!!!! He is the 2nd owner and we were told if we sold it at 12.5 it would be a good deal. There is a 1978 on Ebay now with a few days left and it is @ 9k so I wonder if 12.5 is too high. Hubby can not even drive it to the dealership as he has NEVER ridden a bike. We have several friends that ride so we will probally have one of them do that for us. We live in NC.
thanks again

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Hey Help... Learn how to ride while your old man is at work and surprise him when he gets home.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well "Help Me " I might as well throw my 2 cents in as you can tell by now that $12,5 is a little high but your scooter is worth what the market will bare , I watched a real nice 1994 FLH W/ a real nice side car that didnt sell for 12 and they where really perfect. E Bay is not a real good place to sell most of the time they r selling fairly lower than the market price I have seen alot of real nice scooters that have sold for real good prices,It is a buyers market not a sellers market right now.
For example we have a 1973 FLH for $7500 and a 1981 Sturgis with everything new to the dual pluged heads to the new 5 spd for $12000.00 and a 1990 FLHTCU with new upper end for $11000 .
So "Help Me" just hang in there and post everywhere and dont push it ,If your scooter is that nice just hang on to it till u get close to a price u can live with

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no, the bike is at FILs so we need to drive over their to take pics and we are waiting to hear from BIL on specific etc I know he just added something and just put a new brake system or somethign in... etc
will update when we get pics

1 - 19 of 19 Posts