V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please, 30 seconds of your time...

This is a family in need & we can leverage the power and size of the VTF community to help them out...it will take 30 seconds of your time.

Please sign this petition for Marcy so we can help get Extreme Makeover-Home Edition to consider this family.

Please take a moment to read about this family ...
"Seven years ago my wife, Marcy, was winning 5 and 10K races she ran. She was room mother and Brownie troop leader for our daughter (now 13) and soccer mom for our son (now 18.) In August of 2000, she was diagnosed with ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease. This is a motor neuron disease which doctors say is always fatal. 50% of patients die within 3 years of diagnosis. Marcy has chosen life.

October of 2000 Marcy resigned her executive director position at Happy Tales Humane - the no kill animal shelter she started in Franklin, TN. She stopped walking Thanksgiving of 2001, had to get a feeding tube to eat September of 2002, and since March of 2003 has been quadriplegic and on a ventilator in our living room at home. As Marcy's caregiving took more and more of my time, I had to leave the advertising agency I helped start. Since March of 2003, caring for Marcy has been my 24/7/365 job.

Our income is almost entirely gift income, much of it through FlowersForMarcy.com. Blessedly, we have been able to keep our home but it is woefully inadequate for wheelchair accessibility. We are petitioning for Marcy to be featured on the television show Extreme Makeover: Home Edition so she can see her children's rooms for the first time in five years."

The Payne family has just sent in their Extreme Makeover-Home Edition application, so again, please take a few moments to sign this petition and forward it to as many folks as you can. The petition started in early September, somewhat stalled with around 750 signatures, but in the last 48 hours it has grown to over 5,000...it's really picking up momentum, and I can't think of a better site than VTF for some good-hearted folks to make this thing soar!

I do not personally know this family, but am very familiar with the Happy Tales Humane that Marcy Payne founded back in 2000...it is one of the top-notch no-kill shelters in the country.

God bless this family....and you for taking the time to do this.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts