V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting the new 06 RKC soon. I need some advice as to what pipes I put on. Dealer is recommending Screming Eagle slip ons. A friend of mine is saying no way. Gotta go with V&H true duals. What are pros and cons. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Bubs

I've got an 05 RKC and went with the Bub Reinhart true duals.

Slip-ons are wimpy in sound and I think in performance as well... although they are better than stock.

The Bubs are cool with their signature black tips and they offer a great tone as well; loud when you want it, but not obnoxious and they settle down on the freeway so you don't lose your mind on long runs. I noticed a significant performance increase. Remember you'll need more air so an air cleaner upgrade is in order. The new SE air cleaner element is no longer K&E so you might think about Kuryakyn or D&M or... You'll need to rejet or remap depending on Carb or EFI. I ultimately went with the race tuner. If you are planning more mods, the tuner becomes a better choice because you can tune it on the dyno as many times as you want and get your ride dialed in. The download maps are like $140 each time and they only get you in the ballpark.

I paid for the first download and then saw the light of day and went to the race tuner.

I understand the fat cat 2 into 1's are the hot ticket right now, but I don't like the look on a RK. I'm getting new cams tomorrow and a dyno to go along with the 95's....

That's my 3 cents worth.

Good luck,
8-Ball

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
tlr said:
getting the new 06 RKC soon. I need some advice as to what pipes I put on. Dealer is recommending Screming Eagle slip ons. A friend of mine is saying no way. Gotta go with V&H true duals. What are pros and cons. Thanks for your help.
What are you looking for, looks, sound or performance. What other engine mods are you planning

·
Registered
23 Posts
It has been said many times before on this forum, and is very true....exhaust tone and looks is a very personal thing. I listened to many exhaust systems before deciding on the Rinehart True Duals for my 04 RKC. I decided that I would be willing to give up a little performance (low end torque) for great sound and looks. For my personal taste, nothing I have heard sounds better than the Rineharts, and I love the looks. I am still working on getting them tuned with the SERT to maximize performance. I will probably end up with dyno tuning when I can find a good tuner in the Knoxville, Tennesee area. Again, it is a personal preference and you have to decide on your priorities relative to sound, looks and performance as the Rineharts will not be the top performer. Good luck.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Tlr, Just sent you an E-Mail, AS already stated, Sound is very subjective, I have been searching for the perfect sound for years, in the real world, Some Pipes sound better at idle speeds, Some while cruising, others while accellerating, there is no one brand that does it all, you have to decide based on your riding style, and Decible tolerence.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If looks and sound are your main objective for the time being then 8 BALL is dead on.
I also have the Rineharts on my new 06 RKC.
With 95" engine work and staying in the SE family you can easily stay in the high 90's on hp and approach 100 TQ and still look good.
Enjoy whatever pipes you decide on.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well after much debate and research i decide to go with the V&H Dresser Duals with the Oval Slip On's. V&H just came out with Big Shot Duals which are a one piece, but there is little known about them. I heard so many mixed reports on the Rineharts that i decided to try something a bit different. I should have the bike in about a week or so. Also doing the aircleaner and the HD download. I am hoping that she will run right.

·
your ad could be here
380 Posts
tlr said:
Get the complete package - Thunderheader 2:1 with the false pipe. I have a 2005 Road King Classic. Looks great, runs like a scalded dog, solves the heat problem, sounds like a muscle car.

?prty:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts