V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read about every thread on it and am just totally confused.

Here's the critical stats:

1) LONG rides. 1,000 per day will not be unusual.
2) 200 lbs and 6'2. Long torso average inseam.
3) If I sit up any closer then stock the shift lever and brake will need to move forward so that isn't an option.
4) Sitting a little higher would be no problem but would prefer not to.
5) Do a good bit of riding 2 up and want 1 seat for solo and 2 up.
6) Back rest required.
7) Don't need or want heated. If it's cold enough to need heated (sitting on this heat maker!) there's ice on the road... I'll ride on anything but ice.
8) I don't want 'pump up' seats. The less stuff to break or maintain the better.

I need a wide seat, leather for breathability, that doesn't move me forward.

The only one that appears correct for my requirements is Corbin... but everyone says they're 'hard'. I need some cushion -and- support. Odd to have to choose between them.

·
Banned
363 Posts
I rented an 07 Ultra right before my 08 came in.
The 07 seat, hurt my back and arse.. Put 1600 miles on the rental.

Was very happy to see a redesigned seat on the 08..

I like it. Much deeper bucket than the 07.
After a couple of 700 mile days, I still like it.. The wife does too.
Not sure about fitment as the 08 has a bigger tank..

On the other hand, I had a Mustang on the Road King.. Very good seat.
Had the rider backrest.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah; that nice write up in the link has me seriously considering the Mustang then getting a sheepskin cover for some breathability. I was looking at 08 seats and based on everything they changed (different dimensions and offsets for the bigger tank) I'm pretty sure it won't fit an 07.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Big MAK said:
Yeah; that nice write up in the link has me seriously considering the Mustang then getting a sheepskin cover for some breathability. I was looking at 08 seats and based on everything they changed (different dimensions and offsets for the bigger tank) I'm pretty sure it won't fit an 07.

Correct....the '08 seats will not fit any earlier bike. Besides other redesign, the tongue and slot fitment is reversed on the '08s.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Another option is to look into the "Daylong" seat from Russell Cycle Products out of Shasta Lake, CA. I've had three and wouldn't have anything else for the touring I do. The seat is built for your weight and inseam.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
The Corbin is hard, but it supports me perfectly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts