V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,100 Posts
If you want braided throttle cables, clutch cable and brake lines in addition to the bars and chrome housings it is a lot of work and might take you the better part of a day. The bars and the wiring alone is not that big a deal.

I would probably want about 3 to 400 bucks for the labor depending on the origin of the parts if I did that sort of thing, other then for friends, in no small part because I hate braided lines other then maybe for the brakes.

If the bike has cruise control the throttle return cable better have the roll off switch in it.
Make sure you get the one piece bar clamp, as the bars fatigue break with the OEM clamps.

· Registered
2,100 Posts
If all the parts are used it is a lot quicker to do on the little bikes. Even if you were not to take the tank off on the touring bikes, the nacelle and the exhaust on the King are time consuming. Either tank comes off in about 10 minutes.

· Registered
2,100 Posts
Logical, it isn't about being right, it's about getting **** taken care of.

You guys know the little bikes, and I can often be wrong on items that don't translate well, one of the reasons I never give opinions on sporties or waterboys, but trust me when I tell you I can take a bagger apart in my sleep.

The roll off switch for the cruise is an inline switch on the return cable, you can see the two little wires coming out of what looks like a rubber boot in the middle of the return cable under the right side of the tank where the cable runs next to the frame.

If you want the bike as it was you need a cable with the switch. The cruise has redundant safety features and the switch can be eliminated, but you are cutting a little into the cruise failsafe's. No big deal if you are aware of it. It could be if they don't tell you about it and you expect it to work.

If the bike didn't have cruise, the easiest way is just to buy the switch assemblies off a Dyna as they have the longest wires and you save yourself all the splicing and end up with a much cleaner job. Sometimes the wires reach as they are but it is really really tight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.