V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have A 2005 Roadglide That Is All Stock. Living In The Desert Means That Every 4000 Miles I Have To Clean The Stock Air Filter. Being That They Are Made Out Of Paper This Only Works Twice And Then It's $35.00 For A New Piece Of Paper. My Question Is, Can I Install A K&n Filter On The Bike Without Having My System Re-mapped? Will It Be Too Lean With A K&n?

Thanks Staush

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am not a big fan of the K&N filter. I ran one on a couple of Jeeps and noticed a lot of dust and residue inside the intake (after the air filter) upon inspection after a day off the road. I always made sure it was cleaned and oiled and I was never satified with the amount of dust they let through. I would imagine it would be even worse out there in the desert with the dust and the sand.

Sorry, I can't answer your question, but thought I would throw my $.02 on the K&N filters. I prefer to stick to the paper.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
K&n

Thanks Hayden For Your Input. I Had A K&n On My Roadking For 50,000 Miles And Had No Ill Effects But It Was With A Carb Which I Re-jetted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts