V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a solo seat for my SG that will be comfortable as well as help me go flatfooted.

Please help???? :crying:

·
You're an evildoer.
559 Posts
I have to admit, Corbin is the cats meow.

My ass was killing me on the 10 year old stock seat, got a Solo, and it was firm and I was really worried about it hurting.

Riding 200 miles, I havent even felt a tinge of discomfort. I couldnt go 35 miles without numbness near the end of the factory one.

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
Call Corbin, their Solo will I think sit you about an inch lower to begin with plus they can build the seat "dished out" I think to get you lower. Also my Corbin Classic Solo has a narrow nose that allows me to get my legs down easier.

·
Registered
454 Posts
HD Sidekick Custom

I have the Sidekick Custom on my 05 SG and REALLY like it. It is technically not a solo, but the "pillion" is really just there for looks. It has more back support than any solo I've ridden on or seen and looks awesome on the bike. The seat is shaped well for comfort, but is very low profile. It seems to be well made as well. I got mine through Chicago HD for less than $300. If you're not absolutely set on a true solo seat, I'd recommend checking it out.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why did you get the sidekick and not the badlander? Seems like they are basically the same seat just the badlander is a tad bit narrower and 1/2 the price.

·
Registered
454 Posts
seat

The badlander seat is too flat for my tastes. I prefer the more scooped out look and feel of the Sidekick which has a more prounounced lower back support. It's more like a Corbin Gunfighter style seat. To my eyes, the Badlander looks like a strip of seat without any real profile.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW!

I had the badlander on my last bike and only complaint was that when the GF wore a thong she claimed it felt like she was being cut in half. :wootdnc:

·
Registered
10 Posts
BB06FLHX said:
I am looking for a solo seat for my SG that will be comfortable as well as help me go flatfooted.

Please help???? :crying:
I got his Corbin Close Solo for my Deluxe. I'm 5'4" with short seam and this seat helps alot:

·
Recon
839 Posts
Corbin was a great seat but the new latch pin lock set up sucks!!! I bought one in Jan aand have had nothing but hell since. The seat wont mount ,they send new mounting brackets, that dont work so they say we will send a new seat....they sent a beat to hell USED seat that also wont fit...I wish I had nto bought a corbin. the 05 and befaore seat fit ok...not the 06...good luck. I have emailed mike corbin...no response and so many managers i have lost count and faith.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts