V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw an add for rumble road speakers today.i ride a flstc and dont care for the looks of those big windshield stereos....i have a mp3 player that seems like it would work great with these 46 watt amplified speakers attached to my handlebars ..has anyone had any experience with these or similar products ??? THANKS FOR YOUR IMPUT .... MIKE

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
There's a thread here somewhere about this from last month. I've been using the J&M corp. Amplified speakers! Love 'em! And the look works well with my V-rod! I run a wire to the saddlebags where I have an MP3 player.

J & M Amplified Speakers

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks..i checked out the website ..it didnt say how much power they had...noticed they were about twice the price of the rumble road set ..do they sound much better???

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
I don't know the rumble road set! I don't know how much power, but I can hear 'em at 80mph w/my full face helmet on (and windshield on!) I liked the idea of having a volume control switch mounted on the bars along with the speakers! I got mine on ebay for $400...brand new!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks....i saw one on ebay made by some other company .it had a seperate amp didnt look like it would be as easy to mount..i think the rumble road and j&m system it might be incorperated in the speaker housing????

·
Registered
255 Posts
These two sydtems are far apart in price. What makes the J&M twice the price of the Rumble Roads?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have the same question..not sure clarity would be a big issue at 70 m.p.h. power is more important i would think.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have installed a couple of Koss headphones speakers within the Helmet.
I then play them with a PJBox player with 20 Gig hard disk (takes 350 CDs).
Very good quality and does not spoil the looks of the bike too much :D :D :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
94c4 said:
I have installed a couple of Koss headphones speakers within the Helmet.
I then play them with a PJBox player with 20 Gig hard disk (takes 350 CDs).
Very good quality and does not spoil the looks of the bike too much :D :D :D
What's a PJBox player? Is that likt an iPod?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Terry,

While I can't speak for the Rumble Roads setup, any J & M product is worth the money. Well engineered and well made. They stand behind their stuff too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts