V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope you have the time for this one. Have a 01 Roadglide FLTRSEI 1550 older EFI not the Delphi. Changed to the free flow & put Thunderheader true dual pipes & Boom Can mufflers. Bike Dynoed at 92tq and 70hp with the above.

Here is what mechanic suggests. Change to the 211 cams (currently 203 - HD book says 211 cams are for lighter bikes ?) port & polish the heads and go with the high compression pistons and adjustable push rods. Then to change out the thunderheader true duals and go with the 2 into1 thunderheader system instead of the true duals. He thinks I would increase to about 95tq and 90hp. This would basically be a stage 111 set up.

Any feedback would help - tired of my wifes Stage111 Low Rider blowing me away. Dont mind the view riding behind her but but my eyes are going distance is a problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
The TH advice is good- and you will definately need headwork- TC's by design have way too restictive heads and from what I've seen the SE heads are not much better- the TQ #'s are good, which is why those cams are suggested for a heavy bike- check out Woods Bros cams before going to a cam set up for a light bike- your wife's bike has 250 less pounds to move so it needs a good bit less HP to blow a bagger off- just keep that in mind.

·
Registered
276 Posts
headquarters low comp kit and pro pipe got me 93hp and 97tq. High comp pistons should get you more but concider long term reliability and having to fill up with low octane fuel on trips in nowhere land.......

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can relate to the 01 Roadglide. I have a 00 myself.

What I did is purchase S/E heads and bolted them on with adjustable pusrods. I had already installed Thunderheader 2-1 exhaust. With the factory cams, S/E breather and PC2 the bike dyno was 104 TQ and 90HP.

I have since had the heads ported and setup for .580 intake and .530 exhaust. BC gerolamy ported throttle body and regulator. Geardrive, Delkron camsupport, CNC rocker stanchions. S/E rockers.

There is now significant seet of the pants type acceleration. It takes a bit of money but if you look around you can make the glide,haul ass without any attitude.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, just changed some more - went to the 257 cams having my injection system bored out. Only thing left to do is stroke it and add a little NOS ???

G

·
Alternative idea ... Save your cash and buy a crotch rocket (or a Buell or a Sporty...) for when you want to blister the asphalt. Your RoadGlide ain't never gonna be a dragster, and if you keep searching for that one more pony, it might just kill the reliability you need for long trips ...

Let the flames commence ... ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have a 750 Ducati Monster - The low rider blows it away no problem. Im sure the bagger will not, but they will be suprised. Reliability was a concern which is why we stopped at the 257 cams. Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
heh......duc 750 monster is about as slow as you're gonna get! That's not much of a comparison! Nice bike but slooooooooowwwww!

·
Registered
1 Posts
In my mind cylinder heads would help bring the whole package together.
At my shop Venturi Racing all we do is Twin Cam and Evo cylinder heads and the gains made through proper head modifications are awesome.The stock Twin Cam intake port only flows 205cfm at 28" of water.After the right modifications are made we generally see that go up 255cfm at 28" of water and at .600 lift.You can email me directly if I've peeked your interest at [email protected]ks Andrew Brousseau

·
Registered
6 Posts
anyone checkout my last post under twincam 88 mods? i need some opinions.
i guess im not the only one who never gets a chance to play on these computers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts