V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need to know the bolt hole pattern dimensions on the tranny to make a bracket to fit on a floor monuted engine stand. I have everything made except for the mounting plate. This stand will allow me to rotate engine 90 degrees. If I am not clear enough on the description please let me know.

:beer4u: Thanks

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
For a decent "b" stand that you can really use , get a cheap Engine stand for a car engine. The One that Jims has is like that ans it spins and rotates. You will pay about 75 dollars from a auto parts store or sams club for a stand that you can move and it will spin rotate, and not take up bench space. I use a small block stand works great. Just my two cents

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but all I need is the dimensions of the bolt hole pattern so I can make the swivel mounting bracket to place on the rear of the motor. The stand is all ready done. Thanks

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
HMMM I cannot help you as when I take mine off the drop oput of adjustment and I do not have a b that can be measured in the shop.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, if you come across a B i sure would appriciate it. I just don't like the idea of laying my motor or just setting it on the bench until I get the bracket made.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do a goggle on adaptor plates....I have seen a few sites that give the specs for all the plates made...Sorry I can't remember the vendors or who makes them?

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Google search only gave me adapter plates for twin cams to install in EVO frames. The Dimesions displayed are for the offsets need for tire. Thanks

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
rhaubert said:
I got it, thanks. If anyone wants it drop me a line.
The object to the forum is to share information. If everyone deleted thier threads once they had their answers the forum would have no information to offer. Also how would anyone know to "drop you a line"

I restored the thread.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Sorry, new at this! I may not have the correct dimesions after all. I will be pulling motor this week so I will find out for sure and list them.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
88B engine stand hole pattern

rhaubert said:
I need to know the bolt hole pattern dimensions on the tranny to make a bracket to fit on a floor monuted engine stand. I have everything made except for the mounting plate. This stand will allow me to rotate engine 90 degrees. If I am not clear enough on the description please let me know.

:beer4u: Thanks
Here is a pdf with dimensions. You will need to make bosses (at least 2" long with 3/8 bolt clearance hole in them), to clear the counterbalance area in the cases. I can give you the dimensions just drop me a line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts