V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
97 EVO Ultra, Bike is fuel injected and leaks where the return fuel line goes into the fuel tank fitting. Book says there is a retaining ring to allow separation of the line from the fuel tank fitting. Be darned if i can find this retainer ring. I believe there is a o-ring on the end of the fuel line inside the fuel tank fitting.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Old Bag

·
Registered
767 Posts
The book lies, the check valves leak when you take them apart. There are captivated o-rings on each line. If one is leaking I would replace both. The o-rings can be matched up at the hardware store, but you will need to drain the tank or make a mess.

Just take a wrench and unscrew the fitting directly from the tank. Make sure not to over tighten the fitting putting it back

·
Registered
767 Posts
The book lies, the check valves leak when you take them apart. There are captivated o-rings on each line. If one is leaking I would replace both. The o-rings can be matched up at the hardware store, but you will need to drain the tank or make a mess.

Just take a wrench and unscrew the fitting directly from the tank. Make sure not to over tighten the fitting putting it back

1 - 3 of 3 Posts