V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 RK with adjustable pushrods and am not sure how to adjust them I am not sure what brand they are so I cannot just find the manufacturers instructions. I am reworking the heads (all stock) and am not sure how to adjust the pushrods. Any help is appreciated.

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
While there are many duty experts in here who can quote every step to you I would recommend that you get a good wrench to help you with the "hands on" stuff the first time. I don't think the manuafacturer matters that much..it's the actual adjustment that matters....and that should be basically the same steps regardless of who makes the pushrods. Someone slap me if I'm wrong.

Also...try this link: http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/search.php?searchid=730859

It's the results I got when I typed in the search for "adjustable pushrods"

Give it a shot too because I have read all the steps in here before...ie; bleed down, finding TDC, etc.

Semper Fi,
Steve...Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003

·
Banned
871 Posts
cfontusa said:
I have a 95 RK with adjustable pushrods and am not sure how to adjust them I am not sure what brand they are so I cannot just find the manufacturers instructions. I am reworking the heads (all stock) and am not sure how to adjust the pushrods. Any help is appreciated.
My advice is... BEFORE you touch your bike with any tools, GET A FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL if you don't have one already. This is VERY IMPORTANT, unless you want to screw something up. ;)

I know... the adjustables are not mentioned in the manual. You need to use a thread pitch gauge to determine your threads per inch. What you want to do is lengthen them 0.100 inches past the no-lash position. The lifters have about 0.200 inch travel, so that'll put them in the middle of that range. The number of turns is determined by the threads per inch. Go to this site for more detailed instructions: http://www.harleyhelp.com/faq.html. It's actually a very easy process that you can do in about 30 minutes.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Since the lifters have 0.200 inch travel, take the pushrod and lay it on the bench, set the adjustable end at any nominal figure.Reset you calipers for an additional 0.100 inch, count how many turns it takes to get to that figure.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Is the se rods are used they are 1-24 pitch so for one complete turn you get 24 thou, A thread pitch gauge will work here or like mentioned measure it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts