V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help finding a comfortable seat that doesn't spoil the lines of the V-Rod.
I've got the stock seat and put on the old-style passenger pillion (9" wide) when with the wife. Unfortunately both are uncomfortable and the passenger pillion looks ugly.
I've looked at the Corbin Hollywood Solo hoping the passenger pillion would be comfortable enough to leave on permanently but I'm not sure that there is enough padding (especially the Hollywood Solo that fits with the chrome fender base plate - there's less padding with this seat than with the one made for use without the base plate). Has anybody tried this seat?
The Corbin Dual Tour seat looks rediculously large.
I'm thinking of maybe getting the new Sundowner Seat by H-D but would want to be able to take off the new-style passenger pillion (11" wide) when not with the wife and put the small stock triangular pillion back on to improve the look.
Does this fit back on with the Sundowner seat?
Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
70 Posts
You could put the old passenger pillion back on with the Sundowner. but you'd have to replace the grab strap, too. I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't achieve the look you desire by putting the stock pillion back on.

Anyway, I just posted about my experience with the Sundowner. I like it ALOT!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts