V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

06 Street Bob, Stage I...Sweet!

I got stage I done at the dealership and am thinking Stage II in the near future. However, after reading a bunch of threads here i'm beginning to understand that the dealership may not be the best way to go for Stage II big bore, cam and EFI upgrade stuff.

Since I don't know how to do anything except put slip on's on the bike, I don't have a clue who to go to. you guys have the names of any shops/mechanics I could go to for Stage II type upgrades?

I live in Evansville Indiana (the southwestern corner). So chicago, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Louisville, Nashville are all within distance for me to travel. I'd even go further if someone knows a great performance shop.

Thanks for the recommendations. I just don't want to spend the bucks at a dealership if I'm getting sub standard performance for the money. From reading here, it seems like non harley stuff is the way to go, I just don't know what to buy, who to have do the upgrades, how to have the fuel injection mapped etc...

thank you!
Eric

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
You may have been reading too much here. Harley parts do work quite well and most of the shops do great work. Not all indies are good either and any parts can suck if the combination isn't correct. The best move is to shop around, talk to the different shops (dealers and Indies) and talk to their customers too get input.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info...

It could be that i'm reading too much. I've read a bunch of threads that say the Dealerships are over priced and the SE stuff isn't "state of the art" or the best bang for the buck.

But honestly, for a guy like me who simply want's more power without having to mess with the bike a lot, SE/dealership may be a good way to go. I'm not doing 1/4 mile drags so a couple of hp here or there isn't going to be a deal breaker.

Thanks for the opinon and I'd like to get some more
Eric

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
John at Wabash Valley H-D in Terre Haute.
Tell him I sent ya'. Not that that will do any good, mind you...

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Some options may not be available to you because of the new cam chest configuration in the 06 dynas has been changed and most of the aftermarket manufacturers haven't released their cams yet. something to be aware of when you're shopping. Does HD even have cams for the 06 Dynas yet? What about Efi tuning? Does HD have something to tune that new closed loop system the Dynas use?
Food for thought...
Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts