V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 FXRS-Conv, the plastic ell outlet cracked. Why did HD even use plastic? Oh well. I am installing a pingel, the aftermarkets did not have a 22mm adapter. The pingel mounted fine in the bung hole, problem is the gas line. The pingel outlet (forward ) is about 1 and 1/2" shorter than the OEM or said another way 1 1/2" closer to the tank. The fuel line goes through a hole in the VOES bracket and there is not enough room, because of the bracket size, to bend the fuel line up to the outlet of the pengel. Only choice I see is to remove the tank and reroute the fuel line over the bracket, but not excited about that choice. Any suggestions, experiences are appreciated.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have a slightly different tank (FXWG) but with a Pingel valve. It came with female threads in the valve, is that how yours is? If so, can you make the bend if you screw a 45-degree or 90-deg. fitting into the Pingel?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comment, was starting to think no FXR owners had installed a pingel valve. The valve for my FXR does not have screw threads, the outlet is flanged for a direct 1/4" hose connection.

·
Laughing Poseur
5,259 Posts
I have a Pingel valve on mine but I have no idea what youse guys are talkin about...pics wood be nice???

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
I have a pingel on my FXLR so maybe they sold you the wrong one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am having trouble inserting an attachment, uploaded into manage attachments and not able to insert in note. Will keep trying. Basically as noted in the initial thread, the Pingel is 1 1/2" shorter than the orignal valve and with the fuel line running through the VOES bracket and the Choke pull also mounted on the bracket and next to the valve there is no room to bend the fuel line up to the pingel valve. Sounds like my FXR is a bit different from yours.

Attachments

·
Laughing Poseur
5,259 Posts
I am having trouble inserting an attachment, uploaded into manage attachments and not able to insert in note. Will keep trying. Basically as noted in the initial thread, the Pingel is 1 1/2" shorter than the orignal valve and with the fuel line running through the VOES bracket and the Choke pull also mounted on the bracket and next to the valve there is no room to bend the fuel line up to the pingel valve. Sounds like my FXR is a bit different from yours.
I get it now....I just turned the spigot (the whole valve actually) till it worked for me...doesn't have to be exactly like the stock one was...here's a pic

hope this helps

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,764 Posts
Ain't it nice to finally see the obvious. It often tiptoes right by me.

joe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your comments and pic, based on your pic I do not see a choke pull and your fuel line is coming in much higher than mine. I tied moving the value around as you suggest, just not enough room to bend the fuel line up and then into the outlet without kinking it. I think I will go ahead and remove the tank and reroute the fuel line over the VOES bracket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts