V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Heritage (flstci) on order and three weeks ago I was pretty well set on the SEII exhaust with the billet end inserts. After reading around here for awhile I am not sure if that is what I want. They may not be loud enough for me???

I've looked at V&H web site, Bassini web site, Sampson's web site. I am starting to lean more towards the V&H classics.

Are there other options out there that I should be considering?

What did you go through to decide on the pipes you got for your bike?

I don't want them so loud that they are annoying at cruising speeds but I do want it loud enough to let people know I am there. Is there such a thing?

Looking for all suggestions, input, opinons and ideas.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I run D&D's on my softail not main stream but I like the sound and they look good. Buddy says my bike sound like a chain drive when I decel????? Used D&D years ago on flat trackers with good results. Just another option. http://www.danddexhaust.com

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I was beginning to think that I wouldn't hear from anyone. I will check out the D&D's site. Have not heard of these before and I am glad you directed me to the.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had the Python IIIs on my 2000 Heritage. Really good sounding pipes. They weren't the slipons, one piece from the cylinder back with the heat shields.

·
Registered
245 Posts
My buddy has the 2 into 1 Thunder header on his twin cam . I think this might suit you pretty good by your description . I run Samson Daytona's with no baffles ....... real loud ! Luv it ! The screaming eagle pipes aren't that bad , they are moderately loud and allright to cruise "pipe side " with . Good luck

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have V&H Straight Shots. They were on the bike when I bought it.
I'm glad I didn't buy em. I'll never buy V&H pipes. (I'm sure there are
lower quality pipes out there,but I'll pass on V&H)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Personally, I think you should wait on buying an exhaust system. It is a little like buying a stereo. Go on group rides or where their is an event and listen to as many as possible before you have to take a bath on something your not happy with.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I went from SE slip ons to Basinni slip ons on my road king. The SEs were a slight bit louder, basinnis a deeper sound. Realize its a different bike but thought the comparison might help

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
I have SEII slip-ons with the billet end caps on my RK. They sound great but not too loud (my neighbors appreciate this, especially at 7 am on Saturday morning).

The advice to wait is good. Ride it stock at least until the 1K service. Then when you do the Stage 1 stuff, you'll have an appreciation of the performance gains.

wyo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts