V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The parts are on the way and when they arrive i want to install them immediately.

I am doing a simple stage 1 with SE A/C (with K&N filter) and SEII slip ons. Based on my research, the SERT has numerous canned MAPS but none for my set up. Because i am totally unfamiliar with how to make my own custom MAP, I was wondering if i could just use the canned 1550 race download?

Any assistance or suggestions are greatly appreciated from anyone who is experienced with the SERT!! I will make my own MAP only if someone experienced is willing to walk me through it. I am on a computer all day so it shouldnt be a stretch for me...

I opted for the SERT as apposed to the digi-tech download due to the lean conditions the one time downloads still posses. In the end, i want to avoid an expensive dyno session unless i really have to. There is only 1 dyno in all of san antonio and it is quite expensive due to no competition for them

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance!

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I'm no expert, and possibly the experts will chime in.

When you get your SERT Kit it will have a canned calibrations for your 06 Street Bob. I looked and 141NX001-A0.MT6 is for O2 sensors, with SE A/C, and SEII slip-ons. If you know computers(PC), the SERT is like any other program, which is user friendly. Load the CD up, run the install, then READ the manual to get familiar. Connect the PC to your bike with the serial cable, interface(has eprom that will be good only for your bike's serial number), and interface cable to the 4 pin connector under the electrical cover. In the tuner program, you will see 2 tuning modes, basic and advanced. You can load the canned map, and that will get you started. Then you can take the same map, open it on your computer, and make changes the A/F ratio for different rpm's and MAP(kPa) settings, spark advance, etc., and save the map with a different name, and reprogram your bike's ECM with the new map, which over writes the old map. Always rename any changes so the canned maps stay pure. Most people with a NON-Oxygen sensor engine richen up the A/F settings from 14.5 down to 14.1, and take the decel enrichment tables, and cut them in half, right off the bat. I don't know what to tell you about these settings with your O2 bike, run it with the canned map, and check your spark plugs, and see where any adjustments are needed. Then find a dyno tuner if you want to dial it in for performance. Hope this somewhat helps what you were looking for. Do a search, and read all about what different people have said about the SERT, calibrations, and the changes they made for their components used. Good Luck. Oh, one more thing, the key must be on, plus the run switch must be on before the SERT program will read your ECM, and a $15.00 is all thats needed to join the best technical information source on the Internet. Do yourself a favor, send in the $15.00, and you will enjoy everything the V-Twin Forum has to offer.

Thorns

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input Thorns...I will read the manual inside and out when i get it. I am guessing the install should be easy. I just need to make sure what program i install is the most appropriate for my set up. Is the MT6 file you mention for the SEII slip ons or the street legal slip ons? Based on the list of SERT files someone here was nice enough to send me a while back (Sep.05), it only had a street legal canned map available for the 06 dyna on a 1450 motor. That's why i asked about maybe using the 1550 map to richen it up a bit. One thing i havent considered is that the 1550 map might have undesireable spark timing changes that wont be optimum for my set up. Obviously, the best route is to fine tune it as you suggest but i'm hesitant as a first time user.

Any one else care to chime in??

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Sure, here is more computer stuff.......

blueballs said:
Any one else care to chime in??
http://www.daytona-sensors.com/

NEW! Twin Scan 88+ Tuning Aid for Screamin Eagle® Race Tuner (SERT)

http://www.daytona-sensors.com/Twin_Scan.html

I wouldn't mind trying one of these as it is supposed to be able to tell you what change to make in which cells in order to tune it exactly for AFR.
BUT it is expensive, and might be difficult for 2006 owners that already have an o2 sensor installed?
Why can't 1 program do it all?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks snow..pretty neat stuff but too expensive for me right now.

The SERT i ordered is back ordered til the 15th. I have plenty of time to research more stuff

Anyone else have any input?

Thanks agin

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
blueballs said:
The parts are on the way and when they arrive i want to install them immediately.

I am doing a simple stage 1 with SE A/C (with K&N filter) and SEII slip ons. Based on my research, the SERT has numerous canned MAPS but none for my set up. Because i am totally unfamiliar with how to make my own custom MAP, I was wondering if i could just use the canned 1550 race download?
As thorns pointed out the latest SERT Software includes a map for your configuration:

Calibration # 32: 2006 Shotgun / Shorty Dual Exhaust with O2 Sensors
Configuration: 1450 SE A/C & Mufflers
File Name: 141NX001-A0.MT6
Components:
• SE Air Cleaner and Breather Kit P/N 29440-99C
• SE II Slip-Fit Mufflers P/N 80448-03 or 80258-99A
Any assistance or suggestions are greatly appreciated from anyone who is experienced with the SERT!! I will make my own MAP only if someone experienced is willing to walk me through it. I am on a computer all day so it shouldnt be a stretch for me...
The SERT Manual has detailed information on using the Data Record Mode to analyze and make modifications to an existing map.

I opted for the SERT as apposed to the digi-tech download due to the lean conditions the one time downloads still posses. In the end, i want to avoid an expensive dyno session unless i really have to. There is only 1 dyno in all of san antonio and it is quite expensive due to no competition for them.
IMO, if you don't have the time/resources to configure your own map, and you want to "avoid expensive dyno time" then investigate here:

www.hdmaps.com

They offer pretuned maps, and have the resources to develop one for your particular application if none are currently available.

Good Luck!

:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts