V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://photobucket.com/albums/b170/04vrscb/

a buddy is giving all his old HD stuff to sell, and he changes bikes so often, he has no idea what some of the stuff came off of. it's almost all OEM take offs, still in the box that the new stuff came in.
the box for this one says 52973-04 (FLHT low profile)
this seat has a hole for a rider back rest.

i've been tossing it all on e-bay, no market for stock stuff on here.

any help on this seat?

the rear tab (screw down) and front tab will fit on my 06 RK,
but the snout of the seat is up on the gas tank, where the bolt is on the bottom of the dash.

i would assume it's off a touring bike, he's had a bunch of them, and a few Dyna's

tks

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
yes that's what it is, here's the info on it.

Long flowing lines and a scooped bucket shape help position the shorter rider for maximum comfort and confidence. Added back support padding moves the rider approximately 1" lower to place feet and hands in closer proximity to the foot controls and grips. The smooth cover and stitching ensure comfort for the long haul. Can be used with Rider Backrest Kits. Seat width: 15.5", passenger pillion width: 15".

Fits '97-later FLHT models and '98-later FLTR models. Installation on FLTR models requires seperate purchase of Grab Strap P/N 51149-98 or Handrail P/N 91583-97.

Product ID: 52973-04

Email Friend Price: $259.95

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
04ctd said:
OEM take offs, still in the box that the new stuff came in.
the box for this one says 52973-04 (FLHT low profile)
Nah guys, he took the seat i have OFF...and put the 52973-04 seat ON...

the dealership takes stuff off, puts the new stuff on, and puts the old seat back in the same box. so i have to backwards decode for what he PN for the stock stuff is.

goodness.

so now, i have the stock seat off a .........???
looks like that Road Glide is the answer. Cster888 gets props for that one, the one bike picture shows how the snout goes up on the dash.

go here to see what i mean, i have the box for the cool part, but am selling the stock part, and it's killing people to figure that out:
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZ04vrscb

i have to let the seat set out in the sun. he had the fork lowers set on it, and they creased the leather, sun brought most of the crinkley out yesterday.

as for the forum, still kinda watching how things are handled.

i'm on one forum where they want donations, but the forum layout is a PITA, and everyone makes suggestions on how to correct it, but the guy who owns it won't change it.

so, he won't take your suggestion, but he will take your money?

it gets ~10 pages of new Posts a day, but he WILL NOT set up the "mouse over" so that you can read the first line. it takes FOR EVER to go thru the new posts. i basically quit going, or if i need something, i just search for it, instead of reading all the posts & trying to have input and be a productive member of the forum.

been reading a lot of WyoDude's posts & his attitude about member feedback, esp in the stickies.

FWIW, it's easier to use HD's parts checker than Google, it gives you an idea on what the part was worth new, in case you want to set a reserve
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/...4309043229&bmUID=1143385910599&bmLocale=en_US
52973-04

Fits '97-later FLHT models and '98-later FLTR models. Installation on FLTR models requires seperate purchase of Grab Strap P/N 51149-98 or Handrail P/N 91583-97.

MSRP US $259.95

·
Registered
255 Posts
seat issue

yes i would just put it as off a road glide lets say he has a 06 RG then just put that in the ad and also state "check with your dealer to determine if it will fit your bike" have see a lot of that disclaimer on epay. also for the touring bikes most things seem to "fit" a span of years. just my penny's worth.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cster888 said:
also state "check with your dealer to determine if it will fit your bike"
yeah, that works, but the people with the most money have the least time to do that, so the more info you can provide in the ad, the more money you can get.

but, sounds like a plan this time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts