V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been chasing a miss in my 06 deluxe and at my wits end. So far I've replaced coil, plug wires ( Accel) experimented with different plugs. Checked for intake leak and replaced gaskets. Checked for exhaust leaks and so far nothing. My diagnostics keeps throwing a code of 1353 which is No Front Cylinder Combustion and a part number 34317-06 that don't exist. Compression check shows 140+ both cylinders. What is going on? Any clues. Also getting a lot of decel popping . Local HD shop is no help. BTW Bike is all stock

·
Registered
560 Posts
This is all completely foreign to me as my bike doesn't even have the stock ecm so I don't know what all the Harley blinks mean. But a little searching found some of the same numbers in another thread, so maybe there is a little light at the end of the tunnel.

If you look down at the middle of this page, you will find reference to the same trouble code that you have, the 1353, which is a "p" code.

The number they get with the 1353 is 34309-06, which means ET sensor voltage open/high. That leads me to think that 34317-06 comes out the same list of parameters. So far I haven't been able to find that list. Maybe there is some sort of electrical diagnostics manual the would be of help.

Even though it doesn't give you the same part number, it gives some other non-existent part number. The response shows it's not really a part number, but some parameter of the electrical system. Instead of asking the parts guy, you ought to be asking someone back in the service dept. if it means anything to them. I'm sure the MOCO wouldn't have it in there if it didn't mean something in particular.

This could be completely wrong, I hope it doesn't waste too much time on a dead end.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just going through the steps. Did a fuel pressure test this morning that was good 62. Next I'll test the coil even though I replaced it a couple months ago.

·
not sober all the time
5,666 Posts
Have you checked for spark at the spark plugs? For $10 you could buy a spark tester that would save a lot of time and money.

·
not sober all the time
5,666 Posts
An electrical diagnostic manual would be a good investment to help troubleshoot problems too. It kinda hard to diagnose an engine miss without being there and little to no explanation of the miss. Does it miss all of the time, is it worse on acceleration, does it act like one cylinder is completely dead? Do the plugs show any signs of raw fuel, carbon, etc.? You could pull one plug (edit: plug wire) at a time to see if it makes a difference. That would at least confirm which cylinder it is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I have done all of this. It does seem to get worse after warm up, but bike is not getting hot. Its within normal temp parameters. I did fine a trouble shooting guide and so far it leading me to the fuel system. I did a pressure test this morning all was good, 62 lbs and no bleed off

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Worse at slow speeds. Seems less of a problem at highway speeds. Going to test the coil tomorrow Cold then hot.
Its a new coil but you never know.

·
Super Moderator
3,078 Posts
Make sure the metal terminal on the spark plug wire (not the boot) fits tight on the spark plug.Also make sure the other end is seated all the way into the coil tower.
I have seen this code pop up when tension is lost on the metal terminal to spark plug fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts