V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking in the HD 2006 Catalog trying to find the rear Running Light Module. I see the module that makes your rear blinkers turn into brake lights but I am looking for a module that makes the rear blinkers act as running lights, blinkers, and brakes. Please help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
here you go.

Part Number # 69461-06

Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit

Turn signal module adds an auxiliary brake light and running light function to your existing turn signals for auxiliary rear lighting. Easy to install, the kit simply plugs into your existing wiring harness. Red turn signal lenses are included. Meets DOT requirements.

69461-06

Flat Lens Style

Fits all '96-later Softail® models and '97-later Touring models equipped with Original Equipment flat lens style turn signals. (Does not fit with Narrow Chrome Directional Bar P/N 68611-98.)

MSRP US $45.95

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Wow I didn't know Harley made one of those now. I had the turn/brake module on my Sporty. Worked fine. I was reading this though:

Fits all '96-later Softail®models and '97-later Touring models equipped with Original Equipment flat lens style turn signals.
Will it work with models that have the bullet signals like the Road King Custom and Street Glide?? I can't see where the type of turn signal would make a difference. Or is it just a lense issue because of the included red lenses.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I looked in the catalog for that part number but could not find it in the back. Can you give me the page number in the 2006 catalog. I see a 69462-05 page 61 but no 69461-06.
David

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK I found it online on the HD website but not in the catalog.
Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit

Turn signal module adds an auxiliary brake light and running light function to your existing turn signals for auxiliary rear lighting. Easy to install, the kit simply plugs into your existing wiring harness. Red turn signal lenses are included. Meets DOT requirements.

69461-06
Thanks for your help.
David

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bought the HD light module and put them on and they work great. I just think that one light in the rear for night time driving is just asking for a rear ender. Problem solved.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Monstermile said:
Or is it just a lense issue because of the included red lenses.

I'm thinking that must be it. I don't see how it could matter other than different size lenses.

·
Registered
792 Posts
you might look at these Kriss kits, too. I don't have one but have seen them mentioned here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts