V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if theses are anygood?

Hooker Headers® Step Tuned Exhaust Systems for Softail® Models
Group Description: 2-1/4"-diameter straight pipes that really work. Stepped tuned internal head pipes with a ceramic coating to retain heat, increasing exhaust velocity for more horsepower, and 2-1/4" outer pipes for the big tube look with no visible bluing. Increased performance over a broad RPM range (most other brands of 2-1/4" straight pipes loose low and midrange performance). Includes exhaust gaskets, C-clips, chromed flanges, chromed brackets, nuts, bolts and detailed instructions. Short staggered for 80" thru 95" motors, fits Softail® models from 1986 to present.

·
Registered
366 Posts
The short staggered are what I run on my 03 FXSTDI, they look good and sound good (not obnoxious). I can't compare them to any other pipes because these are the only pipes I have had on my new bike so don't know if I can give you any help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chingon,
Did you re-map your EFI or do a PC III? I am getting ready to help a buddy install a PC III and there is no Map in their website for Hooker Staggered exhaust. Also do you run a baffle or not?

·
Registered
276 Posts
can only comment on the Hooker tunable slip-ons, they were too loud for me and I got better midrange and more HP with a V&H 2-1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts