Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '04 FLHRCI (88 cu in) with the following upgrades:

- Dynojet PCIII (stock ECM)
- A. Ness Big Sucker breather
- V&H Slip-on's
- Andrews TW21G cams.

The cams were just recently installed. The current map i'm running was designed for my set-up, but with stock cams. I want to be sure that my bike is taking full advantage of the cam upgrade, but I cannot find any pre-existing map combos for my particular set-up.

I contacted a couple of shops that do dynojet tuning and they suggested that the current map should be okay because the TW21 is a mild cam and that a full dyno tune was probably overkill.

I've only ridden the bike a few miles since installing the cams and it seems to run fine; definitely much stronger in the mid rpm range and no noticeable popping or pinging.

Any opinions/suggestions/advice?

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
The canned map will not give you the full potential of your upgrades. I guess it depends on how happy you are with it now. Is the bike running rich or lean? That cam should be hitting real hard on the bottom end.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I was in a similar position about 1 1/2 years ago when I also had bought a PCIII USB for my 95" with a Stage I ECM, Super Sucker and Rinehart True Duals. I had stock cams at the time and the closest map I could find had some H-D cams. I was pretty sure I was going to be putting some cams in before long and wanted to wait to get it dyno'd until after that was done. I was told by Dynojet that I could use that map with no problem because the cams in that particular map were pretty mild and should have no real effect. As it turned out it appeared they were correct.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. In the short test ride that I took after the install the bike seemed to perform real well. Plenty of low-end grunt, and like I said, no pinging or popping on decel. Not very scientific, but all good signs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts