V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running the 95" with 203 cams. I am wanting to add the SE heads. I am happy with my cams for my type of driving. Will I gain much performance with changing heads and keeping all other the same. Please jump in and give me good solid advice. I know I can send heads out for work but I want to keep HD parts on it. I am limited on budget so another thought is no heads and maybe cam change. What will give me the best performance. Mike

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
I am not a guru but I think you will get more out of the heads or head work then you did out of the 95" deal. Since you already have the 95" then head or head work should see some good gains. I would consider replacing the cams though and go to the gear drive just to get away from the tensioner thing. Woods has some nice cams. I am sure you will get lots of ideas here on this site. If you want to stick with HD heads I would go with the SE performance heads I think they are the biggest HD bang for the buck.

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
The SE performance heads will bump your compression a fair amount.

"I know I can send heads out for work but I want to keep HD parts on it."

Your heads can be ported and still be 100% Harley. At Big Boyz Cycles, all the stock components are retained and the heads will perform equally as well as the SE perf heads for a lot less money. Also by porting your heads you can pick the compression ratio you want and match it to the cam, not as easy with the SE heads.

·
Registered
487 Posts
if your not going to have your stock heads worked the the se performance heads is the only choice probably the best head harley has if it 05 and earleir
if its a 06 just have the sockers decked .050

1 - 4 of 4 Posts