V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built my 96 up with all s&s parts, so my orange SE tuners worthless. I haves some heavy mods done... big bore kit, heads wprked (pot Polish +1 valves, high lift beehive springs) I have the s&s 635 ho cams, 58 mm tb, etc. Local shop recommended power commander. I am looking for a map similar to my build to base from, and also any input on the tuner. Thank you!

·
Registered
881 Posts
What really matters is not which tuner to buy, but the person who will be tuning it. If they are familiar and comfortable with a certain kind of tuner you should go with what they recommend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've looked at twin Tech, I should call the tuner, but I have to also get a good enough base so I can break it in pre dyno

·
Registered
174 Posts
The orange SE is certainly not useless (unless its the Street Tuner). In the right hands, the Pro Super Tuner is very capable of tuning your components--there just won't be a canned map that is a good match. No device is going to supply an adequate canned map for your build. Find a capable dyno shop and have it tuned with what you have. You certainly don't want a Power Commander for the mods you've done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts