V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had an excellent experience dealind with Steve [HDWRENCH] at GMR. Prices were right, Parts came quickly, Heads were done and sent back before I could blink an eye. The service that Steve provides is TREMENDOUS. I do have 1 problem with no fault to Steve. The following is what I have.
98" KIT 9.7/1
Flat top Pistons
Street port from Steve at GMR
37G cams
LMR spring
comp lifters
Custom Stage 1 open K&N AC from Steve
V&H Big Shot Staggereds
Clutch Spring
MT06 provided MAP


The build will be completed this weekend by a Local wrench.

Problem is I purchased my SERT May 2005 V4.12 I attempted to view the MT06 Map and was unable to. There is not a way to read it unless I have V4.52.. Can someone send me a MT5 Map that will get me started similar build by Steve at GMR. I spoke to Harley parts dept and was told the update is a service item only and I could not purchase it. I explained to them I purchased the SERT from them for $400 and in order for me to access MT06 maps I would need to purchase another SERT for $400 instead of them selling me a $20 updated CD. The parts MANAGER stated that is correct. Well, after a few choice words I left and contacted a friend of mine that works at a Harley shop in the next county and he wound up ordering the CD $14.50 # 32117-01F problem -it will not be here for 7-10 days. That is why I am asking for the members help. My build will be complete this weekend and I would hate to have it sit for another week waiting for software to load. THANKS in advance.
 

·
Ridin it like I stole it!
Joined
·
217 Posts
wmossy said:
I have had an excellent experience dealind with Steve [HDWRENCH] at GMR. Prices were right, Parts came quickly, Heads were done and sent back before I could blink an eye. The service that Steve provides is TREMENDOUS. I do have 1 problem with no fault to Steve. The following is what I have.
98" KIT 9.7/1
Flat top Pistons
Street port from Steve at GMR
37G cams
LMR spring
comp lifters
Custom Stage 1 open K&N AC from Steve
V&H Big Shot Staggereds
Clutch Spring
MT06 provided MAP


The build will be completed this weekend by a Local wrench.

Problem is I purchased my SERT May 2005 V4.12 I attempted to view the MT06 Map and was unable to. There is not a way to read it unless I have V4.52.. Can someone send me a MT5 Map that will get me started similar build by Steve at GMR. I spoke to Harley parts dept and was told the update is a service item only and I could not purchase it. I explained to them I purchased the SERT from them for $400 and in order for me to access MT06 maps I would need to purchase another SERT for $400 instead of them selling me a $20 updated CD. The parts MANAGER stated that is correct. Well, after a few choice words I left and contacted a friend of mine that works at a Harley shop in the next county and he wound up ordering the CD $14.50 # 32117-01F problem -it will not be here for 7-10 days. That is why I am asking for the members help. My build will be complete this weekend and I would hate to have it sit for another week waiting for software to load. THANKS in advance.
wmossy,
There was a thread in the EFI forum that gave just the PN# for the updated CD, it's 32117-01F. It can be ordered at a dealer (evidently not yours) or you can try Zanotti HD.

Bry
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SNAPS,
I called Steve and he is unable to convert. I will need the updated version. It was ordered just going to take 7-10 days to receive.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks MEGA,
That is pretty much the same information I got until I spoke to my buddy who works there. Then we ordered it with out a problem...
 

·
XLIII
Joined
·
10,078 Posts
Have your friend at the Harley shop open up a new SERT and let you load the software. Heck, it only needs to be v 4.50 or better, and I guarantee they have dozens of those disks laying around back in service. You can have both versions on your computer up and running at the same time and copy and paste to your heart's delight...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MegaGlide said:
Have your friend at the Harley shop open up a new SERT and let you load the software. Heck, it only needs to be v 4.50 or better, and I guarantee they have dozens of those disks laying around back in service. You can have both versions on your computer up and running at the same time and copy and paste to your heart's delight...
MegaGlide,
I didn't think to ask him that question: thanks: for the advice.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
98" Sert Map

SO, No one had a map created with the SERT v4.12.

2001 Fatboy:

98" BB kit from GMR
Flat top pistons
CR 9.7/1
37g cams
comp cam Lifters
Street Port from HDWRENCH
LMR spring
Clutch
Cometic .030 gaskets
Custom Billet a/c cover
K&N 325 cfm filter
V&H big shot staggereds

I have the MT6 map but can not read with my version SERT v4.12...All I need is a similar build SERT MAP MT5 to get me going until breakin then DYNO TIME.
Thanks
 

·
ovanay elinquentday
Joined
·
2,021 Posts
In the FWIW category, I finsished my 98 build yesterday. Pretty similar to yours except with SE slip ons, on an 03 Fatboy. My problem is that my VIN is apparently not in my ECM, so I couldn't load the new map.

I've just run through my second heat cycle and it is idling fine. I figure my first 50 miles is going to include a run to the dealer to put my VIN in the ECM so I can reprogram with the SERT.

So, if you just have to hear it purr, before you get your SERT update, you should be fine.
 

·
Sub Par Member
Joined
·
769 Posts
GPO03FatBoy said:
My problem is that my VIN is apparently not in my ECM, so I couldn't load the new map.
Did you turn on the ignition AND the run switch before you tried to program your bike?

This one caught me the first time as I think the instructions only tell you to turn on the ignition switch. If you don't turn on both you get a message stating "ECM data not found", or something similar.
 

·
ovanay elinquentday
Joined
·
2,021 Posts
Snaps said:
Did you turn on the ignition AND the run switch before you tried to program your bike?

This one caught me the first time as I think the instructions only tell you to turn on the ignition switch. If you don't turn on both you get a message stating "ECM data not found", or something similar.
They ought to fix that line in the instructions. But yes, I tried it both ways. The first time with just the ignition on, it didn't find anything. The second, with ignition and run on, it found the other parameters, but not the VIN. When I tried to program anyways, just for the heck of it, it came back with a check 1 failure, after not finding the VIN. I guess I'll be off to the dealer.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top