V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This 07 NT with the 200 rear tire needs a new seat.

The stocker is killing my ass, can't ride the sob for more than an hour without my ass hurting.

So what do you guys with these wide tire softails recommend? See lots of seats offer gel as options. Are there any downsides to going with one of those? Thanks for the help. Going to order something based on the input I get to this thread.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
I actually love the stock Badlander seat on my ride. 24k miles in two years all on the stock seat. I bought a HD Sundowner seat for when my girlie comes for a ride (Badlander's passenger seat is just a bandaid). The Sundowner is very comfortable. Feels like your sitting in a couch. I've only put about 500 miles on it though, but the girlie and I loved every one of them which is what counts in my book.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Have an 05. Dunno if that means what I did wont fit you. If you like the lines of the seat get a LePara or a Corbin. If you like your ass get a Mustang.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
kemosabe2 said:
Le Pera Silhouette Gel.
DITTO, good for around 2-3 hours solid riding before ya really need a break. Not so good for 2-up though....

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
WEINERDOGBONE said:
I've owned them all. I am convinced Mustang is the best. You can ride a Mustang all day long. There is nothing better IMHO.
I have a Mustang seat on my Heritage. Looks great but comfort is so so. After about an hour and half my butt starts to go numb, but i'm usually ready for a stop by then anyway, so i deal with it. I added an Alaska butt pad to the seat which helps a lot but after a couple of hours of straight riding my knees are ready for a break anyway. Finding a seat that looks good and can sit on for long hours at a time is a tall order. Good luck.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the input here. Still have not decided which route to go, I need to sit a few of these on others bikes before I order up. One thing for sure the stocker has got to go.

·
Premium Member
4,717 Posts
George C said:
I own a LePera Silhouette deLuxe.
Sometimes, I can go all day, and sometimes just two hours.
I'm a big guy at 270, so that factors in.
Quality-wise, it is superb and looks the best of anything out there...

That seat does look great on your bike.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Check out www.ccseats.com. I've got the sport tour for my 06 night train, and love it. The stock seat killed my tailbone, the c&c is very comfy. They have great prices and customer service.

·
Winter SUCKS
1,353 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
harleymike77 said:
HUGE :thumbsup: on that one. Just got my seat back last week (Sundowner off a 2005 Road King Classic). It's like an entire new ride! This guy works miracles!

I hear alot of good things about them also. I am having a Badlander seat's foam replaced with the hospital memory foam and move me back an inch. He told me that I could ride all day on the seat when he is done with it. You might call and ask him. In my opinion the badlander seat is a great looking seat. On your train as well. It's costing me 90 dollars + shipping there.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got tired of waiting to get to sit some seats so just up and ordered a Danny Gray Butt Crack solo for my scoot. I will report in if it is worth a hoot or not after I get it. Anyone experience with this seat and or have pics of their NT with that seat on it please post them up.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
bnobbman: will you let us know how that badlander turns out? also a pic would be much appreciated...I bought a new seat for my fxstbi cause the lady couldn't stand the badlander(can't blame her either) but I still need a cool looking seat for riding by myself...i love the look of the badlander but HATE the comfort. Having it modified sure sounds like an appealing option...

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
jonny oz said:
bnobbman: will you let us know how that badlander turns out? also a pic would be much appreciated...I bought a new seat for my fxstbi cause the lady couldn't stand the badlander(can't blame her either) but I still need a cool looking seat for riding by myself...i love the look of the badlander but HATE the comfort. Having it modified sure sounds like an appealing option...
You bet I will. I am gonna ship it out next week. He said a 3 day turn around but with xmas I am thinking it will be longer.

Like you said. I luv the look of the badlander. I have the Military one and am using it on my Heritage for day trippin or short rides. Like I said. He said after he was done with it I could ride 3 or 400 miles on it no problem. If you ask me... that's asking alot of a badlander but I will give him a shot for 90 dollars.

He has other options as well. Here is the website if you want to check it out.

http://www.meancitycycles.com/

The owner is a regular poster over at www.hdforums.com

1 - 19 of 19 Posts