V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to Rineharts,and a Wimmer Machine dual intake aircleaner(lots of air). This is on a 99 Road King with the M&M injection. Stock bore,and stock download in the ECU. I just got a power commander III usb. Is there a map out there that i should use for a starting point? Also,when you adjust with the pods in the front,are you changing the map itself? Thanks.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Your starting point should be to select the Dynojet map that most approximates your particular set-up. Dynojet doesn't have a really wide range to choose from, but with what you're running, I think you can get pretty close. After that, monitor your bike's performance, fuel mileage, and the like, and read the plugs occasionally. Then make appropriate adjustments.

When you talk about using the pods on the front, I assume you mean the buttons on the unit itself. They're okay to use in a pinch, but otherwise I'd make adjustments with a laptop. The buttons start at a baseline of zero, and you can go up and down from there. Using the buttons doesn't change the map you've installed, and you can undo what you've done by returning to the baseline of zero.

Ragnar

1 - 3 of 3 Posts