V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ride a 2001 Roadking Classic and experience a neck cramp after about an hour of riding.
Someone told me to switch to handlebars off of a Heritage. any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
In my normal riding position my arms are almost elbow locked !!!!

Rodney

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rodney! Post an intro in the"My story, The beggining" forum when ya get a chance & tell us a little about yourself.

It sounds to me your pain in the neck problem could be the bars.Your elbows should be slightly bent,in a relaxed,comfortable position.Have you tried moving the bars towards you? This may help.

I've heard of people changing out the RK bars to Heritage bars with good results.No way of knowing if it will work for you.

There are so many styles & manufacturers out today you should have no problem finding some that are comfortable.Bring your bike to a reputable dealer,or a good independent shop & explain what it is your looking for,it should be an easy fix.

Good luck.
guido

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I am going to the Harley dealer tommorrow and see what bars they have !!!!

Rodney

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
It's the bars. I had the same problem. Forget the Heritage bars. You'll look like a squirrel hanging from a wire with those. Go for something wider whether it's Chubbys or some kind of beach bar.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Suttle adjustments in the bars can be done and improve alot.... too bad the headlight has to dam near come apart for this adjustment.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Nice looking ride Rodney!

Sounds and looks like the bars may be your problem,but I thought I'd ask one more thing. How are you looking through that shield? I know for myself I like to look over it,and before I lowered it on my old bagger I would be "stretching" to look over top. This would cause some neck pain to me after riding for longer distances because of the unnatural position of bending ny neck up. I myself, can't stand looking through the top or it being cut off at eye level. I prefer about nose high,but everybody is different.

Hope you solve your problem...good luck!

·
BFFB
833 Posts
damn !! i cant believe you can go an hour !!! if your considering a rider backrest dont cut the windshield down till after,,,,you will sit straighter and higher with it,,,bars and a backrest you can do 500 miles !!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
My neck gets stiff from spending too much time at the Taco bar!:D

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hey fourhour:
Couldn't help but notice,you a Skynard fan too?
Sorry to get of the path of the thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts