V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've removed my passing lamp bracket along with the stock signals and noticed the nacelle is flawed. If you stand facing the headlight and look below it, the nacelle does not fit perfectly and one side is higher than the other. I've aligned the 2 pins correctly on reassembly (top and bottom). Mine has been this way since it came from the factory.

My question is does anyone know of a replacement nacelle for a 02 road king or has any ideas on how to fix this (aside from welding and re-chroming)? Thanks.

Pang

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ctharley said:
DAMN!!!! I wouldn't have noticed it until you brought it up! :)
Want to hear more? If you look at the back side of the forks you'll notice the fork tins are pinned on very haphazardly! :D At least on mine they look that way.

Wish there were more attention to details by the factory in this area.

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wurkenman said:
I bought one of those little pot metal Pieces also. You would think for 40 dollars the damn thing would be of higher quality.
Wurkenman,
Your bike looks really interesting, could you post a big picture of it here, or do you have a site where one can see pics of your bike? Thanks.

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
wurkenman said:

Thanks. pics are in the menbers gallery. Just do a search for wurkenman. The ness fender cover does not allow for the use of the rack/hardware.it is all covered up. I have one of those sissy bar mounts that uses the stock holes in the fender for the bar when the wife wants to go for a ride. Easy on and off

http://www.jpcycles.com/shop/product.asp?PRID=9610&GPID=2121
Thanks, I'll check it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.