V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am hoping to head down this May for the rally; what part of Myrtle Beach does it take place; downtown MB? I'm probably going to get a motel room, and I'd like to be reasonably close to where the action is; last year I went to Laconia and had to stay a 30 minute ride away from Weir's Beach; not the end of the world, but would like something closer if possible; thx bb

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
bohemianbiker said:
Am hoping to head down this May for the rally; what part of Myrtle Beach does it take place; downtown MB? I'm probably going to get a motel room, and I'd like to be reasonably close to where the action is; last year I went to Laconia and had to stay a 30 minute ride away from Weir's Beach; not the end of the world, but would like something closer if possible; thx bb
Myrtle Beach is kind of spread out - there's nothing that's really like a Daytona Main Street. We really had a blast at the new "Suck,Bang, Blow 4-Corners" location. The old location was OK but the new one is awesome - it's built in something like an old Lowe's building and it's HUGE! We also had a blast at the Iron Gate - live music, several bars, vendors, etc.

We've stayed at Compass Cove the last 2 years for the Fall Rally. Got a decent oceanfront suite for $99 a night. They also have covered bike parking and the staff were friendly.

Have a blast! Just look out - heard that they were going to be cracking down on loud pipes and apehangers...

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
bohemianbiker said:
Better get yer room soon, might already be to late...hey are you over at Yahoo?...check out the delinquents forum (nova) we do a lot of riding together, it's down in the northest forum...should be in southeast but that's another story...OH YEAH...:welcome:

·
Registered
645 Posts
The parents of a bud live 10 minutes from the main drag. He suggested they take a vacation that week. You know what that means. :D Crash Pad! Reminds me of my younger days. hehe

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Lady Godiva said:
Myrtle Beach is kind of spread out
That is the best part about MBBW IMO. Don't feel like you're in a sardine can. :)

Only place I ever stayed was at the Courtyard by the Convention Center. Its right in the middle and equal distance to most everything. They also have a bike wash center in the back and keep clean rags out there for the bikers. I always felt like my bike was safe there too.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I've stayed at the Travelodge 606 N Kings Hwy phone 843-448-7134. It's right in the middle of Myrtle Beach on the main drag about two blocks off the ocean. It's about average accomidations and runs around $85 per night during bike week. Walking distance to bars and restaurant right next door.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey Bo...

The wife and I are going done to Myrtle again this yr but we also had to wait until today to make reservations. Try finding a condo, we found more than a few still available as Myrtle has a crazy amount of rentals. Another bonus is the condo is quite a bit cheaper than a hotel. We found 1 in Surfside Beach and Garden City , both in the south side of Myrtle, has lots to offer.

Try these:
Surfside Realty 1-800-833-8231
Garden City Realty -can't find the #, wrote it somewhere
Dunes Rentals -same here
www.vrbo.com- has crazy amounts of rentals

Time is getting short so ya better jump on it.

See ya There

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey everyone, thanks a bunch for the replies. Yesterday, I made a reservation at a Quality Inn about a mile or 2 south of the downtown. I have until Apr. 29 to cancel it, so I will check out the condos. But I got a real good rate at the QI for the 1st 4 days. It jumped up the next 4, but was the same as the other places I was finding on the 'net. Still the condo is a good idea, cause it'd be nice to have a kitchen to eat in now and again. Man, this is gonna be my 1st time in MB, and I am looking forward to this. Now, next week am hoping to buy a new bike! bb

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well folks, bought my first Harley today, a Super Glide! I am one happy puppy. Am hoping to take delivery of it next week. Won't have to be at MB on a Suzuki now! bb

·
We're still here ya know
689 Posts
bohemianbiker said:
Well folks, bought my first Harley today, a Super Glide! I am one happy puppy. Am hoping to take delivery of it next week. Won't have to be at MB on a Suzuki now! bb
Congratulations!! That will give me a pretty good excuse for the OL. I've got to go to Myrtle to see your new scoot!!:laugh:

Can't let her know you're just across the river....

·
Registered
338 Posts
bohemianbiker said:
you did the right thing

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Almost too late!

Time to plan...the delinquents have a thread about possible riding down together or meeting...

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
bohemianbiker said:
thx; i love it; just freakin' love it; people checkin' out the bike when i ride it; never seemed to happen before; bring on Bike Week!!! bb
You gonna join us (the delinquents) for some rides? You're welcome even if you're in DC :265: We ahve a sub forum in the northeast forum where we post our rides/event and such...check us out...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts