V-Twin Forum banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
WHAT?!!! While I appreciate the support it is not any easier. I have to ease my emotions by buying a metric 2 wheeler this afternoon. If riding this metric works out then I'll move on up.

Actually your comments are welcomed as they give me hope. You are a good friend to help me during this period here on the forum and telephone conversations. Just when I feel at my worst the members here step up with words of encouragement.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Sorry to hear about the set back, another prayer sent for you and your family. Hopefully things improve.

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,920 Posts
Well apparently they gave her Lasik at the hospital and one of the side effects is that she is totally deaf. Might be temporary might not. As it is she appears to have had a couple mini strokes. She lays in the bed awake and looking around, but doesn't speak but the basics. The doctor didn't come right out and say it, but I think she is brain dead.

Not trying to be out of line, or out of touch, but why did they do lasik surgery? Did you know about this ahead of time? Did they ask you or her about it before it was done?

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,920 Posts
WHAT?!!! While I appreciate the support it is not any easier. I have to ease my emotions by buying a metric 2 wheeler this afternoon. If riding this metric works out then I'll move on up.

Actually your comments are welcomed as they give me hope. You are a good friend to help me during this period here on the forum and telephone conversations. Just when I feel at my worst the members here step up with words of encouragement.

Cap, I really cannot imagine what this is like for you. I wish you and your family the best. If you don't mind my saying so, it sounds like you are trying to distract yourself from what is happening. For the record, I would probably do exactly the same. I don't mean to cast doubt on you by any means, but please think about your wife during this time. I totally understand the feelings of guilt and wanting to hold on as long as possible. I know it's not the same, but a few years ago I watched my mom deteriorate from Lymphoma to the point that it was obvious (to an objective point of view) that there was no coming back. I was lucky enough to strike a connection with one of the hospital nurses and convince her that just like we talk so much about quality of life, I was concerned about Mom's quality of death.

If I am way off base here then please accept my most humble apology. I am really only trying to help. If it is her time then let her go. As much as I know it will hurt you, I believe she will appreciate it. If it is not her time, and there is some chance of her coming back to you and mutually enjoying some more time here then fight as hard as you can to make it happen. Don't let these doctors do any little thing to her without you knowing and consenting to it. Don't let them do important things while you are not there at her side. Be with her until the end, whether that means later tonight or 100 years from now, just do it.

Forget about that bike you're talking about. It will be there later. If not, there will be another. Be with your wife, physically and mentally, no matter how much it hurts. You will never regret doing that.

Godspeed Cap.

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,920 Posts
He probably intended to say they gave her lasix, a diuretic.
Well, my bad for being ignorant and too literal. I reckon it is my nature. As hard as I try, I still seem to have trouble with communications.

I still wish the best possible outcome for all involved and I want Cap to know I am literally crying for him as I'm typing this.

<G Man> out.

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Well, my bad for being ignorant and too literal. I reckon it is my nature. As hard as I try, I still seem to have trouble with communications.

I still wish the best possible outcome for all involved and I want Cap to know I am literally crying for him as I'm typing this.

out.
At least you are being honest in your thoughts. I have hired someone to stay with her while she is awake as she still doesn't recognize the call button. She has 5 grown children and half have decided she has a few months left, one is indifferent and the other is clinging to the hope that mom will snap out of it.

I already cried a bucket of tears. Everytime that song plays by that fat Hawaiian guy singing Over the Rainbow tears flow again. I hate it because it is one of our favorite songs. I cry in the truck, on the bike even the back porch never in her room.

My wife was my copilot. I bought a 1200 goldwing and we went everywhere on that bike. Rode to the Keys, New Orleans for Mardi Gras and all around the Smoky's a few times. Lately I would bungee her walker to the rack on the trike. She said this ride was like the GW for comfort. Shirley didn't care much for cruisers so I had a solo seat and she wouldn't think I was riding a hoochie mama around.

I have been looking for this particular bike since September. I said it was a M50, but it is a C50 the difference being the handle bars and fenders. I don't care for the boat tail style. Tons of these for sale few of the other. I wanted a specific color, narrowed it down some more plus no more than 2500. I found one a 06 with 4,092 miles we do the title work tomorrow at the plate agency.

Funny that you mentioned it, because while they were putting her in the ambulance she said, now don't go buy another motorcycle while I'm gone.... bwahahaha.

·
Super Moderator
2,995 Posts

<G Man> out.
We're all human and have our own way of thinking or processing things.No right or wrong in that.

Yes,all the best wishes for Capt.and all involved.

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #91 (Edited)
This is how she looks every day. I am waiting for therapy to come and say they can't help her and to put her in the other part of the nursing home.

I have to go back to the home as she is running a 104 temp and they packing ice around her.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think this is the way it's supposed to work; just when you need it most, we'll be there. Just remember, you're NEVER alone!

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I went this morning and picked up the Suzuki C50 I bought. Then rode the trike in a round about route to see the OL. I guess she is not brain dead as they got her up and to the toilet. The granddaughter says she talks some although she hasn't said a word while I am there.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Cap, I'm wishing the best for you and her man, it's tuff not knowing what to say to ya on this.

Blessings brother

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry you're going through all this. My stepfather passed yesterday, went in his sleep, so thats the way to go. Lived a full life at 88 years old. In his late 60's he could out work any 20 year old. RIP Lentz. Take a ride that's what clears my head.

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Sorry you're going through all this. My stepfather passed yesterday, went in his sleep, so thats the way to go. Lived a full life at 88 years old. In his late 60's he could out work any 20 year old. RIP Lentz. Take a ride that's what clears my head.
That sounds like my father. He retired at 62 and bought property on a river. The land between the house and river looked like a Jungle Jim movie set. We cut vines and trees, he easily out worked me. He had a riding mower with a little trailer that he used to carry fishing rods and tackle boxes to the boat dock. He said everywhere he went with it he mowed the lawn on the way. Pop also died when he was 88 and as I look around this house I still see him. Last time I was at the river I noticed a storm had knocked over the 30 yr old domesticated persimmon trees. I remember being out there planting those trees with him. Vandals will destroy a house if no one lives there so I sold it to a grandchild and her husband for a dirt cheap price.

·
Registered
164 Posts
That sounds like my father. He retired at 62 and bought property on a river. The land between the house and river looked like a Jungle Jim movie set. We cut vines and trees, he easily out worked me. He had a riding mower with a little trailer that he used to carry fishing rods and tackle boxes to the boat dock. He said everywhere he went with it he mowed the lawn on the way. Pop also died when he was 88 and as I look around this house I still see him. Last time I was at the river I noticed a storm had knocked over the 30 yr old domesticated persimmon trees. I remember being out there planting those trees with him. Vandals will destroy a house if no one lives there so I sold it to a grandchild and her husband for a dirt cheap price.
It's only "stuff", and you can't take it with you, so might as well have family use and enjoy it. Good for you!
I know it probably tears your heart out to see her like this, but if she's as bad as you've said, you probably should spend as much time as possible with her, like others have suggested. They may not necessarily be times you will want to remember, but they will be times spent with her, and she'll know it, and feel how much you care because of it. Also, I'm sure you would feel horrible and guilty if something happened and she passed while you were out riding and having fun. I would hate for something bad to happen, and you feel terrible about not being there the rest of your life.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts